• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Air Guitar

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Sweet! I used to play air guitar. My favorite was Van Halen's Jump. I would try and emulate David Lee Roth by jumping off the couch while playing air guitar.

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
Lump of coal

I asked for an air guitar for Christmas one year.
Didn't get nothing.

BKM

Cyburbian
Do they have a subcategory for banging your head in along with the drums in Finnish death metal? I may enter!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Re: Lump of coal

Joe Iliff said:
I asked for an air guitar for Christmas one year.
Didn't get nothing.
My mom & dad spoiled me rotten....I got one every year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Repo Man said:
Sweet! I used to play air guitar. My favorite was Van Halen's Jump.
That's only 'cuz I had the lock on Twisted Sister, baby!

Jeff

Cyburbian
I thought I was the only one who was sucked into reading that article on MSN yesterday...

donk

Cyburbian
It was also a rerun on "just shoot me" this week. Huey Lewis and CC Deville(?) (from poison) were guest stars.

I prefer air bass, John Entwistle eat you heart out.

C-Diddy, the winner, was on Howard Stern a couple of days ago, very entertaining. I'd never heard air guitar on the radio until this week. :)

SGB

Cyburbian
Years ago I played air guitar in an air band that performed Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" at summer parties.

Sadly, we never got that recording contract we'd strived for. Perhaps we should have learned a second song?

;)

bocian

Cyburbian
Yes, I have played air guitar in the past, even little shows for my friends here and there... But I STILL play air guitar nowadays.. As a matter of fact, I even played it today, along with the Dead Kennedys.... It is just like back in high school 15 years ago ... Life surprises me everyday. I surprise myself each day. I love it...