• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Alec Baldwin in Town

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Just found out Alec Baldwin and Matthew Broderick are in town filming a movie called "Providence"* Wasn't he supposed to leave the country once Bush "stole the election?" Should I go heckle him after work? Should I go get the autograph of this future nobel peace prize winner?

*I'm not sure what its about. We've been getting so much (mostly positive) press lately its rediculous. Even the Family Guy took place here.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Here's the movie info on it: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0357054

It's bizarre that Alec Baldwin is in this... since he was also in Outside Providence (which was a hilarious movie).

Oh oh... William H. Macy is in it. I love him! Try to get his autograph... to hell with Broderick/Baldwin. :)

The scariest thing about that photo you posted? The picture of Matthew Broderick there looks *exactly* like my boyfriend. I had to really look at it to see the differences.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
The scariest thing about that photo you posted? The picture of Matthew Broderick there looks *exactly* like my boyfriend. I had to really look at it to see the differences.
Did your bf also kill someone while DWI? Now that would be a scary set of coincidiences! ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:
Did your bf also kill someone while DWI? Now that would be a scary set of coincidiences! ;)
Uh no. Eek! I had no idea Broderick did either. :(

Seabishop

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Here's the movie info on it: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0357054

It's bizarre that Alec Baldwin is in this... since he was also in Outside Providence (which was a hilarious movie).

Oh oh... William H. Macy is in it. I love him! Try to get his autograph... to hell with Broderick/Baldwin. :)

Thanks. I could complain about a mob comedy being set here but we deserve it.

I guess Matthew Broderick looks Canadian with the beard and wintercoat.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I don't care of what their opinions are about certian topics, if they act well, they're ok, I don't need an ACTOR to tell me how to think about politics and stuff like that, sure, it's their opinion, but it isn't more valuable than a hobo's opinion.

PS: What's DWI? I knew DUI that's Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol), but I don't know what DWI is... Someone would be so nice to explain?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SkeLeton said:
PS: What's DWI? I knew DUI that's Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol), but I don't know what DWI is... Someone would be so nice to explain?
DWI = Driving While Intoxicated.

Its one step worse than a DUI.

Skel -
DUI is a minor conviction, while DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) is a felony, which, among the heftier sentence, prevent you from such things as ever voting again, working for most government positions, etc. One of rob's family members got picked up for DWI and had it reduce to DUI last year. She's getting her masters in education and a DWI would have seriously wrecked her life ( I totally don't want to get in an argument about whether it deserved to be wrecked or not) since she wouldn't be able to teach in NYS schools as a convicted felon.