• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

American Humanics

daytondevelopment

Cyburbian
Hi all. I am a junior at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. Besides seeking a Bachelor of Arts in community development and a Minor is Business Administration, I am also enrolled in the American Humanics program. This program is designed to let me earn a professional degree in non-profit management. If you want more info, go to www.humanics.org

The reason I am writing is to see if any of you were or currently is involved w/ AH and if you've had any positive outcomes from it. I don't really want to work for non-profits like Red Cross, Boy Scouts, etc., but the emphasis of AH is on grant writing and management of the money. I actually plan to work for a local development corporation or an economic development group and I was told that AH would prove to be an asset.

Besides just wondering for myself, I have to do a presentation about AH and it would help if I had some real-life testimony to share. Please let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

Jay

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
The training would be fantastic for a community development office. In one position I was having trouble spending grant money in a "timely manner"; after I hired a finance/grants person the problem was solved (and she became deputy director).