• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Americans: no goodies for you!

nerudite

Cyburbian
The FDA has determined that Canadians cannot send packaged food down to the States through the mail. Only home-baked stuff. You know what? This really bites! I was planning on sending little gift bags of Canuckistan treats down to the States to my friends... when will the hysteria end?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
LOL... don't tempt me! I have your address, you know!

Shame on you. As soon as El Guapo logs back in, you'll see what this kind of double dog daring does!!!!!

El Feo

Cyburbian
We've had it with your Canadian cultural imperialism - enough! Sometimes, drastic measures are necessary to preserve our unique American culture. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I notice that it only prohibits sending food from Canada to America, and no the reverse. Are you expecting many shipments of Red Vines this holiday season?

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Neru:

what else can you send besides moose patties and bacon thats really just thicker ham circles?

nerudite

Cyburbian
There's more than moose to send (and ewwwwww). The chocolate here tastes different and is pretty yummy. I was going to send some and some other little treats. I guess I have till the 12th... I bet get my act in gear. :)

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't quite understand this. The US takes produce from every podunk third world nation on the planet (Green onions anyone?;) ), and the Food and Drug Administration is concerned about pre-packaged goods from Canada. Are they worried there may be some affordable prescription drugs in those packages?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
biscuit said:
Are they worried there may be some affordable prescription drugs in those packages?

I was actually hoping for something non-prescribed. wink wink nudge nudge

biscuit

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I was actually hoping for something non-prescribed. wink wink nudge nudge
LOL!
Sign me up for a batch of Nerudites "Special" homemade brownies if she's taking orders.

Can I have mine with Percocet sprinkles?