• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

An online sort of SimCity

el Guapo

Capitalist
City Creator

http://www.citycreator.com/

{Build your own city} This cool Flash-based Web site allows you to build your dream city like in the SimCity game, only you are not racing to build a population and keep it thriving. Those living in hot places needing relief can build a "snoland" complete with igloos, snow-topped roofs, skiers, skiers who crashed, snow-covered trees, and the snowy landscape of your choice. Just drag and drop items into the city. You can also build a typical city with no snow, or even one with castles to take you back to the times of Camelot. You can share your creation with a friend and even suggest future cities. I suggested Greece, Wild West, Russia, and Venice with gondolas, Atlantis, and Egypt.

EG - I have yet to try this. It is posted for your review.

donk

Cyburbian
The designers of the site either have a hello kitty fetish or have been lurking here. (look at the signs on the rooves of blankville)

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
it doesn't move. you just build and that's it. eh...not how i would hone my planning skills...it needs some sort of interaction but that's probably a lot more work and that's why there aren't a lot of simcities out there. overall, not a fan.