• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

An open greeting card to Dan Tasman - Add your wishes.

Thanks Dan!

• Way to go Dan, good luck in the new job!

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Hey, thanks Dan, I appreciate your work!

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Yo Dan - Shout out to my cyber-Bro!

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Dan, who is this Dan you speak of?

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Still coming Down from England

Hi Dan and let me add to all the congratulations---you are innovative and help planners around the globe keep in touch and exchange ideas---creative, controversial, maybe even with a touch of humor sometimes.
Personally, I am still coming down from our second trip to England in 3 years --most of last September. Had a planner's orientation to London and the great canal system of England---renovated from narrow canals used to haul coal and industrial materials all over the place.
Also the chance to see old friends in Cornwall from the first trip and make a whole bunch of new friends. Tally Ho!
Cheers and God Save the Queen!
Earl

Smart aleck reply: Does anyone ever call you Taz? (as an abbreviation for your last name).

More seriously: I had fantasies that I would say something wonderful and witty and praiseworthy. But my plans to do that fell by the wayside while I dealt with a horrible allergic reaction to a mildew problem I discovered and stupidly cleaned up without a mask. Then I had fantasies I would wait until I felt better to be brilliant and say great things. I finally realized I can say "hey, way to go and good luck" now or not at all. So, "hey, way to go and good luck" is my brilliant and witty (NOT) contribution to this thread.

Ironically, I was working on a webpage called When Plants Attack! (aka Hypertonic Buffered Saline Solution) when I discovered the mildew problem. Somehow it seems appropriate to include that here. Perhaps it will help you the next time your allergies are part of the legion of problems attacking your life.

JNL

Cyburbian
Cheers, Dan!

Hey Dan, thanks for all your efforts in creating and maintaining one of the best (and most addictive!) websites around.

I hope the new job works out well for you :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Good Luck Dan!

Have a great time in the Land of Cleves!!

I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland Metro area and it's nice.

Plus you get to have a Great Lake again! Woo and hoo!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Re: Cheers, Dan!

JNL said:
thanks for all your efforts in creating and maintaining one of the best (and most addictive!) websites around.

Ever since I was turned onto cyburbia I have become more and more involved (AKA addicted) and find the input from you and everyone else on planning and non-planning issues to be invalueable.

Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with the move.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
I've been away since Thursday, but I didn't want to miss my opportunity to add congratulations and thanks. I can't really add anything to what's already been said. I also love Cyburbia and the great folks who make up this community, and Dan deserves the props for making it happen. Good luck Dan. You have inspired many of us in ways you probably don't realize.

steveanne

Dan,
It truly takes a great site to get someone who doesn't even work in the planning field to visit it multiple times daily. So, with that inspiration, I will be starting a Pharmaceutical message board that I expect everyone to post on... No? Damn.

Seriously, thanks for a great site, and good luck with your new job.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
steveanne said:
Dan,
It truly takes a great site to get someone who doesn't even work in the planning field to visit it multiple times daily. So, with that inspiration, I will be starting a Pharmaceutical message board that I expect everyone to post on... No? Damn.

Hey! I'm not a planner either... but I do want to study (at least) geography.... and I'm quite addicted to this site... Once again... Thanks Dan! :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
May the dating scene in your new living area be a "target rich" environment...

That's the best wish I could send ya!

pandersen

Cyburbian
Adding my congrats to the accolades

Dan:
Best wishes you you and your family (both the 2 and four legged variety) during this holiday season.

As you have already been made abundantly aware, your efforts in creating and maintaining Cyburbia as a hagout for planner types is greatly appreciated.

Like a lot of folks who discovered your site in the early days, I surfed to to your doorstep as a starting place to look for employment opportunities in the field of planning. Once I got a job and a career started, I continued to frequent Cyburbia as a wonderful planning resource repository. Later, after becoming somewhat frustrated with my job at the time, I used Cyburbia as a safe place to vent my frustration and find out if I was alone in the world in terms of my professional struggles. Finally, thoughout the years, I have always been able to count on the "Friday Afternoon Club" forum as a place to ask a few silly questions and get more than a few much needed belly laughs at the troubles of others.

Cheers and keep up the great work. Best of luck in your new position in Cleveland.

P.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Im posting a message after a long long time and can sure remember elguapo.
I think Dan's not around or something.
Maybe late for the christmas wishes but sure in time for the new year eve and the new year itself. so happy and good wishes to all.
====================================================
I just read the message by elguapo and realised that many things happened since i happend to be around.
My best wishes to Dan as well as Elguapo and everybody else.
Like many other good things in life, its sustaining them that is the toughest.
Until we think of some brillian idea we think thats the toughest and then we think it up and realise that doing it is tough. Once its done then keeping it going becomes the greatest challenge.
I think cyburbia is a great idea, donw well and will do well.
=======================================================
Rest later
Bye for now

ablarc

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dan,

Thanks for Cyburbia, best forum on the web. My employees also thank you; now they don't have to listen to my rants, since I just post them instead.

Recently I've discovered that they sneak onto Cyburbia themselves.

Definitely habit forming.

Best wishes for the future.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I LOVE Cleveland

Dan, I love Cleveland too. My Mom is from Euclid so I visited my grandparents alot there while growing up. I loved the way the downtown Cleveland was laid out with the ring of parks and I have such fond memories of going to the zoo when I was a kid. My grandmother lived in a retirement community in Willoughby for a long time...which leads me to what I am getting at...Did you ever see the Twilight Zone where the train spot at Willoughby was heaven?...the perfect little turn of the century town and you had to make a decision to get off there or go on...(to where?? was the question?) Anyway it has always been one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes. So when you go to the east side and through Willoughby, think of this.
Thanks for your hard work.
sisterceleste (big Twilight Zone fan)

Last edited:

Elisabeth

Cyburbian
Thanks so much for the site--it's been extremely helpful with my grad school applications/decision and reaffirming my interest in the planning field. As for Cleveland...it's a great town and I want to spend more time there (preferably when the Yanks are in town). Both of my older brothers have moved to Ohio (Columbus) from Northeastern NY to be closer to their beloved Cleveland Browns. While I don't share as much as their enthusiasm for the team, I have been to one game and had a good time--and the Browns won. Best of luck and thanks again!

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Dan! With the 6000 figure behind you , I wish you another six in lesser time and all support for the great purpose. Is there something I can do?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
We are so spoiled...

I found a self help / motivational / success forum board... and there are next to no-one posting. At the time I am posting this there are 3 members (including me) and 16 guests on the site. The funny thing is the amount of success and the amount of active communication are directly proportional.

Cyburbia on the other hand has 48 members and 144 guests.

The amount of interaction that we have on this web site is nothing short of amazing.