• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

..And I saw Elvis in my Jelly Donut Too!

BKM

Cyburbian
Yep. a heroic and devout man was this uncle. 12 dead on a bus.

A pox on both their houses

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Sensationalism at it's best.. Damn I feel dumber after I read it...
I guess they're just desperate Palestinians... I mean who wouldn't be at least a bit desperate when some moron is building a wall all around you...
I mean, who naive do you have to be to think that a wall will stop terrorism? Oh look US the solution to your problems! Build a wall all around the US and you're free of terrorism! YEAH ****ing RIGHT!

Sorry.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
At least the Arab world is not a place filled with both fanatacism and rampant superstition... oh, sh*t!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
When I lvied in New Mexico, Virgen de Guadalupe sightings were a monthly occurence. The most infamous took place a few months before I moved there, when a silhouette of VdeG was burned into a tortilla. A friend of mine lived down the street from a house where the VdeG was spotted in a bedroom curtain, and he had to put up with pilgrimages of thousands, every day, for a few months.

"Look! That light is casting a shadow forming the silhouette of Walt Whitman on the dumpster. Unitarian Universalists will be gathering from miles around to see the miracle ... after Morning Edition is over, of course. Is there enough parking for the Volvos?"

Rem

Cyburbian
I feel sorry for the kid - with this kind of expectation foisted on him, no doubt the next international news story he features in will involve 50 kilos of plastic explosive strapped to his chest and a college cafeteria in Tel Aviv.

The Irish One

Virgen de Guadalupe
I wish all the Mestizos and Indians of Mexico would return to their pagan unwashed roots, their life would be so much better, imho.

Christians in Palestine, somewhere between a rock and a hard place -I'd say. Has Christiandom officially been replaced by secularism?
Way ot, sorry.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The Israeli army declined comment, but one security source said, "It sounds very freaky." The family denied any hoax.
What a waste of time asking the Israeli army what their official statement is about a baby with a birthmark.

I bet someone somewhere has seen a faded Jesus tattoo on a guy's arm and thought it was a vision.