• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

And this is why I can’t take NUMTOTS seriously

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
And now, for something completely different.

View attachment 24306
I love this piece of reporting in the caption circa 1978 "....plan will also effect much-needed clearance of southside slums and their residents."
Listen, sonny boy, we gotta get rid of all those no-good layabouts living in those awful neighborhoods in the southside. Enough of their laying around listlessly smoking those marihuana cigarettes and taking goofballs all day. If they aren't outta there by noon, then fire up the bulldozers!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Who knew Karen Hair TM would become an international phenomenon?
Well, she's an Emma, a name I always associated with somewhat shy artsy women.

Anyhow, Emma's 23 going on 50!.

Meanwhile, a bit more on topic:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
1) Get ready for the Mother of all Hurricanes.

]

2) Saw this a few days ago.

Find the person who’s rude to the retail workers just doing their job:

👩🏻👩🏼👩🏽👩🏾👩🏿👩🏻👩🏼👩🏽👩🏾👩🏿
👨🏻👨🏼👨🏽👨🏾👨🏿👨🏻👨🏼👨🏽👨🏾👨🏿
👧🏻👧🏼👧🏽👧🏾👧🏿👧🏻👧🏼👧🏽👧🏾👧🏿
👦🏻👦🏼👦🏽👦🏾👦🏿👦🏻👦🏼👦🏽👦🏾👦🏿

There she is :👩🏼

She’s blonde, has a bob, is 42, name is Karen, and would like to speak to the manager.
I feel bad for all the nice Karens, Chads, and Staceys whose names are now memes.

3) Anyhow, let's see how this new smile looks.

:sttm:

And, no, you don't get to use :karen: as a shortcut. This is because we have some nice Karens here. Don't like it? Speak to the manager.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Interesting article about the name associations and how name popularity cycles more quickly for girls than boys. A friend of mine works for a social services/community mental health agency once said (this was back in the 90's) there was a disproportionate number of "Cody" and "Cheyenne" files on his desk. He said if one of those children's names appeared on the file there was a 99% chance they lived in a trailer park and one or both of their parents were alcoholics.

Bubba

Cyburbian
So, Mrs. Bubba and I RJ'd out for a long weekend down in Savannah last week - Friday afternoon we ended up at the bar of a brewpub down near the river (a favorite watering spot of ours for a long time). As I was paying the tab so we could leave, three(!) Karens walked into the establishment in a pack...I made a comment along the lines of we need to clear out before the manager gets destroyed...Mrs. Bubba replied WTF are you babbling about?

Um...never mind - it's a long story. :ha:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
After you defeat all of the Karens, you gotta' face MegaKaren.

mega_karen.jpg

Top Bottom