• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Animal face plants

AG74683

Cyburbian
I learned today that owls sleep on the stomachs. Some of the pictures look astonishing, like the owl faceplanted like it was passed out drunk.
Oddly enough, one of the building inspectors here had a baby owl for a while recently. He tried to get it to some rehab place but they were all shut down because of COVID. He said it slept on its stomach and it was pretty weird. The owl flew away eventually.

I learned today that owls sleep on the stomachs. Some of the pictures look astonishing, like the owl faceplanted like it was passed out drunk.
So, after googling "sleeping owl"...I know what my avatar will be if I ever change it.

:roflmao:
What's the deal with ADULT owls doing that?

I mean, a lot has been written about baby owls having to sleep that way because their heads are way too heavy.
But why do "the grownups" sometimes do that?

This owl's not really a baby, but definitely not an adult either. A TEENAGE Owl?
1593039317369.png