• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Announcement - New Job

donk

Cyburbian
To everyone that has provided suggestions and encouragement and listened to my bitchin' about white trash and the city currently live in I have good news.

I have just accepted a position that is a side step and a bit forward on the career path, but in a much better place for me personally and professionally.

Now comes the fun part, trying to sell my house and find a place to live an 18 hour car drive away.

I start in mid March, and it will probably cut into my slacking time considerably after that.

Bye bye white trash, "mini homes", bags of bologna,that "good dark rum", smelts, sugar donuts as high class food and inbred albinos.

SGB

Cyburbian
Congratulations, and best of luck with the home sale, move and all that fun stuff.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Where is this job [makes quotation fingers] you speak of? ;-) :-D

Can you say? Or must it remain a secret for now?

Good Luck!!!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
Now comes the fun part, trying to sell my house....
Got a match? ;)

Congratulations. I hope the job is better, the co-workers are decent, and the women are desirable.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Congrats! I'm so happy for you... I know you've been dying there. Best of luck in your new position. Hopefully it will be a good one. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Yippee Kai Yay, Mr. Fletcher!
Congratulations, donk!
All the best in the new place, new job.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Congratulations Donk! You've been long suffering in your search and deserve to finally be in a job you like.

18 hours away. So you're leaving the Maritimes for __________?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Congratulations, Donk, hope you will be much happier now!

So c'mon and fess up where you're heading, you'll have to spill it to get your dot moved on the map!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
biscuit said:
...So you're leaving the Maritimes for __________?

the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, eh?

...No?...

Hudson Bay, der?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Zoning Goddess said:
So c'mon and fess up where you're heading, you'll have to spill it to get your dot moved on the map!
I know! I know!

Better make sure you pack a case or two of Garrison in the moving van!

Congrats Donk, I think you'll be MUCH happier.

biscuit

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, eh?

...No?...

Hudson Bay, der?
New Game!

Let's play "Where is Donk Moving"
My guess is somewhere in southern Ontario

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Congratulations, Donk, hope you will be much happier now!

Hmmm... the "dot guy" could already know, and move the dot to more-or-less the right location.

tsc

Cyburbian
Donk... I think I used to work there too.... and have been so much happier since I have left.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Congrats on the new job, donk!
Good luck with the move and the new job! :)
We all know you'll be much happier outta that hell hole ;)

jmf

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I know! I know!

Better make sure you pack a case or two of Garrison in the moving van!

Congrats Donk, I think you'll be MUCH happier.
I know too! Why is it I think my bags are going to much heavier when I travel west from now on? I will have to strike up some kind of deal with Garrison!!!

Congrats on the new job!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Congratulations and best wishes! I, King, grant you no more white trash and bags of bologna! :-D

donk

Cyburbian
Here are a few hints:

Groundhog
Nuclear
Water
Brick

I'll take my chances with their water, they don't have boil orders like we do.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Your moving to 3-mile island in pennsylvania?;)

-Congrats on the new job, did you use Jeff and Rumpy Tuna as references?

donk

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Your moving to 3-mile island in pennsylvania?;)

-Congrats on the new job, did you use Jeff and Rumpy Tuna as references?
They were so impressed that I knew both of you they offered to pay for rehab. ;)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Congrads!!! I know how it feels to get the ^%$ out of a bad place and have the opprotunity to move to a good place.

(some one mentioned 3 mile island) If you are going to Reading, PA for a better job, it's not a good place. Unless your going to be the new CD Director, it isn't worth it. TUST ME.

But where ever you are going, I wish you the best wishes.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Congrats on the new job. Hey, if you are going to the PA area, we would be the new Cyburbinites there, but I am not going until May.

donk

Cyburbian
It is not in PA, it is in Ontario.

Have to be somewhat careful/discrete, in case they look here. It is a small place also, but in a better location.

Queen B

Cyburbian
At A BOY!!!!

Sell what you can, moving sucks.....I still don't have all my things in one town.

I have an interview Friday the 13th for my current position (Interim to Director). I have never had to interview for an organization I already work for. I guess trial by fire isn't enough!

Enjoy your new adventure!!!! GOOD LUCK!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Oh ok... :) :-D That is much, much better!

May your travels be swift and your adventures be full of excitement

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
jmf said:
Why is it I think my bags are going to much heavier when I travel west from now on?
IF you every travel out this way again! I didn't scare you away from every visiting Toronto again, did I? ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Congrats!

donk said:
in a better location.
I know you can't or shouldn't say where
but hope you are on one of the lakes :-D

Rem

Cyburbian
Congratulations Donk - I hope your future's so bright you have to wear shades. :cool:

donk

Cyburbian
Queen B said:
At A BOY!!!!

Sell what you can, moving sucks.....I still don't have all my things in one town.

Enjoy your new adventure!!!! GOOD LUCK!
Thnaks.

There won't be much sold, mostly things given / returned to my parents. Makes no sense to move a 10 year old bed, mismatched kitchen furniture.

The only things I am taking are my dishes, books, CDs, clothes, TV (maybe not, could use a new one), stereo, bikes and a chair. I'll be starting out with mostly new stuff, once the house sells.

We have a winner on the guess where I am moving contest also, SGB got it. SGB gets one of these

and one of these

jmf

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
IF you every travel out this way again! I didn't scare you away from every visiting Toronto again, did I? ;)
Actually I'm thinking of a quick trip in late Feb/early March.....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
jmf said:
I know too! Why is it I think my bags are going to much heavier when I travel west from now on? I will have to strike up some kind of deal with Garrison!!!

Congrats on the new job!
Don't forget to pack those when you head south to New England either jmf! ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Congratulations! Your adventure in the Maritimes is over. Good luck with moving and the new job. Too bad you're not coming to that anonymous Boston suburb. :)

jmf

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Don't forget to pack those when you head south to New England either jmf! ;)
Funny just yesterday I was saying how I wanted to go shopping in Portland/Kittery!

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
You can help me move then?
Hey, I long as I can fit it in my carry-on luggage - I refuse to check luggage going to TO - it cuts in on my quality BIG city time!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Your Cyburbia dot has already been moved. You won't need to pack it with you. Before they bought their house on Lake Erie, my grandparents used to take long vacations up that way. I was too small to really remember it, though.

donk

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Congrats!!

What about your buddy the donk? Does he get to go?
Nope, he stays with parents, unless they decide to move up.

Good nes is that there are lots of draft horses and mennonites in the area, so people will appreciate the humour associated with a donkey.

donk

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Congrats, Donk! Can't wait to hear about the cycling in those parts.
One half of the region is flat as flat can be, the other area is hilly and wooded. Our office will be doing a recreation plan for some of teh County Forests. Guess what will be a major component?

There are tonnes of roads all in good condition. I may be able to switch back to 23's from the 25's I'm running now. Also as I posted before, very little traffic due to mennonites.

Jen

Cyburbian
Hey Hey congrats! 18 driving hours away?!!! That should get you pretty far into the interior!

How's the shipbuilders house, ready for the market?

Best of luck with the move!!!

SGB

Cyburbian
donk said:
We have a winner on the guess where I am moving contest also, SGB got it.
[ot][shoddy acceptance speech]
I'd like to thank my computer components supply company, my ISP, the developers of the Google search engine, and - most of all - Donk for the generous award of fine beers.
[/shoddy acceptance speech][/ot]

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
donk said:
It is not in PA, it is in Ontario.

Have to be somewhat careful/discrete, in case they look here. It is a small place also, but in a better location.
Did you list Cyburbia as a reference?