• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Another Avatar Theme Week May 25-31 -

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Theme:

A Tribute to The Onion. America's Finest News Source

Knock yourselves out!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Planderella said:
What about Funyuns?
Those were my absolute fav-O-rite snack treat until one unfortunate day in college. Woke up Saturday. Hung over as hell. Late for the mandatory Geology class field trip to see some exciting rocks. Barely got dressed and ran to the yellow school bus cahrtered for the event. Two dudes in front of me ate funyons the whole way there. Damn near lost it. Can't stand the sight of them any more.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Duuuuuude ...

Sorry, Mike ... SNAGGED!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Some Onion semi-regulars that you might consider ...

Amber Richardson

Gorzo the Mighty

Dennis Wormer

Larry Groznic

Smoove B

The unnamed middle manager-type guy that appears in a lot of articles

Planderella said:
What about Funyuns?
I much prefer Responsibilityuns.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
There's the generic elderly German-American woman that's used from time to time ..

There's also always Lowell Thurber.

C'mon, gang ... I dare someone to use Lowell Thurber as an avatar.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Im sooo embarrassed

I forgot all about Lowell. I would have used him, but now its spoiled.... *sigh*

Since this week is winding to a close, what should be next week's Avatar Theme, if we choose to have one?

I suggest Guilty Pleasures like your favorite boy band member or teen pop star, television show, or snacks.........something along those lines.