• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Another internet girl needs your help!

El Feo

Cyburbian
donk said:
How about these beauties? (The guns i mean)

Donk, your efforts are appreciated, really, but they're just not my style. And they certainly can't be part of my planned "all female" invasion force designed to topple Saddam and humiliate the Wahhabist patriarchy...

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 170

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Here is one for the Guapper

Attachments

• chicksguns.jpg
    chicksguns.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 163

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tantric Gun Range?

Sweet Shiva that's my wife! What's she doing with my gun? Where did she get those pictures? Those sheep are liars! Photos can be faked! Please no...

el Guapo

Capitalist
El Feo said:

Donk, your efforts are appreciated, really, but they're just not my style. And they certainly can't be part of my planned "all female" invasion force designed to topple Saddam and humiliate the Wahhabist patriarchy...

Well they could, but they would need some SPF 25 or above. And some shoes.

What was this original post about? You are never lost with ADHD!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo said:
Sweet Jesus!
I was in the first US Women's Invitational War and we had nothing like that. Just this...

I thought you would at least encounter this "across the border"

00200963.jpg

donk

Cyburbian
Back to our regularily scheduled program

Due to teh time difference I get home earlier then most others in NA. I turned on the TV and there on CNN was a talk show discussing Karyn. She says she has raised about $5000. It was interesting thought because one of the questions was, "without spending any money how have you gotten so much media attention? And that question came from the host.

Karyn also said that when she was working she was pulling in more then 100 grand a year. Hell if I had 100 grand for 1 year I could pay off all of my debt, including my house, and have enough money left over to pay off Karyn's debt take a vacation and buy a brand new car. Some people.

Now back to the all female all armed reserves

donk

Cyburbian
Those are bikini grrlls with machine guns.

Here our are Canadian beauties

ISD00-087-19A.jpg

Notice she's not wearing any shoes either. Just more covered up.

Naval Women

thcoedships1.jpg

rangerBMED.jpg

p15-3.jpg

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
Karyn also said that when she was working she was pulling in more then 100 grand a year. Hell if I had 100 grand for 1 year I could pay off all of my debt, including my house, and have enough money left over to pay off Karyn's debt take a vacation and buy a brand new car. Some people.

Wait a minute. She's in her twenties, making $100,000 a year?! And not by posing nude or dating for money?! Um, any planners here with six-figure incomes?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Um, any planners here with six-figure incomes?

When I was private sector for a year I managed to hit that, but took a pretty healthy pay cut to return to the beloved public sector. Thank g*d I didn't adjust my standard of living to match that pay or I would have been stuck there.

BTW - This is the best hijacked thread ever.

Karyn was also on the Today show this morning, but I had to go to work before she came on. And no 6 figures here. I would think that the majority of 6 figure salaried planners are vice-presidents of major consulting firms.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Hey, I am a planner and I make 7 figures, 2 of which come after the decimal point.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
donk said:

Check out http://www.lptrixie.com , and start experiencing some late '90s flashbacks. The attitude you see reflected on the site was more the norm than the exception when I lived in Denver. It seemed as if every other woman worked in "marketing" or "consulting," made $100K or more a year, and blew almost all of it on expensive vehicles, high end clothes, dining out every night, and so on.

I'd have a typical date with a woman who would live in my gentrifying neighborhood, see the inside of her condo or small house, and notice it was no larger or more opulently restored than mine. However, they'd have a stainless steel Viking oven, a stainless steel Sub-Zero refrigerator, a stainless steel Miele dishwasher, better cookware than a kitchen at a five star restaurant, and professionally decorated rooms. We're talking about 900 square foot condos and houses, folks.

I spend $7 on a six pack of Guinness or Pilsner Urquell. Billy Joe Jim Bob spends $3.50 on a six of Natural Light. I spend $120 a month on a full-boat cable TV and broadband package; a struggling single mom might have rabbit ears or basic cable. I tend to shop for name brand clothing, rather than grab stuff off the rack at the Super Target ... although that isn't beneath me. As a middle income working professional, I can afford some indulgences.

The "trixies" take it a step further. They have the same "quantity" of life, only with much more expensive consumer products ... for everything. For instance ... eating $30 lunches instead of spending five bucks on a salad, or buying Kate Spade handbags and shoes that are priced about five to ten times the price of a less prestigous but still fashionable brand. They'd live in the same types of apartments or tiny houses as their entry-level planner cousins, only they'd have a massive $2500 Restoration Hardware couch in their living room, instead of the $800 Thomasville closeout or $400 Rooms to Go sofa. Grocery shopping at Whole Foods, buying kitchen accessories at Williams-Sonoma ... really, when you think about it, it's easy to have your income be doubled or tripled, with your lifestyle remaining mostly unchanged, and nothing more going into the savings account or index fund.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Dan said:

Check out http://www.lptrixie.com , and start experiencing some late '90s flashbacks. The attitude you see reflected on the site was more the norm than the exception when I lived in Denver. It seemed as if every other woman worked in "marketing" or "consulting," made $100K or more a year, and blew almost all of it on expensive vehicles, high end clothes, dining out every night, and so on...

...The "trixies" take it a step further. They have the same "quantity" of life, only with much more expensive consumer products ... for everything.

God this makes me utterly sick! I hate high-maintenance pieces of sh*t like (or "trixies" as you put them) that always have to have the best of everything and think they're better than every one else. I want them all to lose their jobs because they all have some utterly bullsh*t marketing or advertising job doing something that is going to annoy the hell out of everyone else. And saddest of all is that they get paid sinful amounts of cash for doing so. (Like making TV commercials) These kind of fools are nothing more than whiney little rich kids who probably got $50 a week allowance in high school from their brain-dead parents, plus a new car at 16 and the most expensive clothes and f-me pumps and ran flocking to the malls during those "back to school" specials in July.

The fact that high-maintenance floozies like Karen can make $100K a year is an absolute travesty in itself, but more tragic is that she is collecting money from all these fools on her website and getting free publicity on low-brow shows like the Today Show and on CNN. Any amount of attention she gets, from one hit on her website to $100 bid on her f-me pumps, is a bad thing. I can't believe that people don't get this.

Let's do the right thing and not talk about her site any more. I want her to go bankrupt, have to pay back everything she owes, and get a dose of reality for a change instead of the bullsh*t fairy tale she has lived all her life (with lots of guys kissing her ass, no doubt)

awwww.... alls well that ends well. Christ, what I could do with $13K. People's donations paid for more than 1/2 her debt. If I were the American Cancer Society or any other truly worth charity, I'd be so pissed.

Habanero

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
awwww.... alls well that ends well. Christ, what I could do with $13K. People's donations paid for more than 1/2 her debt. If I were the American Cancer Society or any other truly worth charity, I'd be so pissed.

Ugh. I got hosed to be the "United Way" person this year. I can't even ask people to cough up money for a charity-

I would make a pathetic beggar-

I'm in charge of our departmental holiday "Adopt a Family". We're supposed to call the family and ask them what they want. WTF! That's not an uncomortable call at all - "Hi - I understand your family is too poor to provide Christmas presents for your own kids. What can my white surburban single family residential middle class office buy you?" blargh. We've decided to do an anoymous Target Gift Certificate.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Ok, we're hijacked!

Our Mayor and Dept Heads have unanimously agreed that employees will NOT be strong armed into giving. United Way is not allowed in to give their pitch. We do have a "giving tree" in our lobby, sponsored by a local non-profit. They do all the asking, then hang a paper ornament listing the child's gender, age, and gift preferences. Participation is optional and anomymous.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Ugh. Like it's good economics to give an hour of pay each month for a $15 shirt-

and to a place that got "found out" for letting CEOs live it up-