• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another Introuduction

J Church

hey there. my name is steve, and i'm an alcoholic.

i'm a planning, er, *hobbyist* from san francisco. soon to be a student (at berkeley, hopefully), someday to be a professional.

good to be here.

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
Welcome aboard J Church!
There are twelve steps towds a full fledged member of planners anonymous, but I will let some of our more creative posters come up with what they are. As you can tell, we are a bunch of cynics with occasional burnout problems, but we really do care about making our communities better places to live. Please join in on the conversations.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Welcome

Word of advice: RUN!!

No, I'm kidding. You should, however, check out the public announcement posted earlier by THE GREAT DAN TASMAN.. it will help you out more than you ever know-

welcome j. I read your "you know you're from San Francisco when..." and had a good chuckle. we just went out to S.F. for a wedding this summer and had a great time. The bride had grown up on a commune, and i can definitively say that it was the very most fascinating wedding I've ever attended.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome !

.. and like KMateja, I chuckled at your SF post. One of my favorite Emo Philips lines goes something like:

"I was in the library checking out a book and the librarian says, 'You have to proove you're a citizen of New York'. So I stabbed her."

*then later in his act*

"When I was in San Francisco I was in their beautiful main library. The librarian asked for an ID and said, 'You have to proove you're a citizen of San Francisco.' [scoughs]. It's not worth it!"