• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another item from the empty gestures file.....

SGB

Cyburbian
County Executive asks W-M to please, pretty-please rethink a Super Duper Center project

For your consideration:
  1. Counties do not regulate land use in NY state. Local municipalities (towns, villages, cities) do. Period. End of story.
  2. Said county executive is an elected official.

And yet, somehow, oponents of the inevitable will look upon this County Executive as if he were David standing up to Goliath.

The reality is he's more like a meteorologist asking an oncoming storm to please decide to go elsewhere. Except the meteorologist isn't elected.....

Sigh.......

BKM

Cyburbian
I hear Pat Robertson is skilled at redirecting the forces of nature. :)

The One

Cyburbian
Holding the wrong office?

Maybe said elected official should hold a local seat instead if their so interested in local planning issues......

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Can anyone say "grandstanding"?

"My fellow citizens! I, Pirro, led the fight to keep that evil megalith from blemishing our fair city of Liverpool. I and I alone, saw the economic, environmental, and social hazard that would befall us had not my letter threatened the giant and sent it cowering! Thank you and I'd appreciate your vote on November 2."