• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 another midwesterner

GISgal

Cyburbian
Been following the lively topics on this board for the last couple of months. Enjoying the topics especially those from Denver and about APM.

Been in purgatory for seven years interning. Learned much about copy machines and GIS. ;) Graduating from Milw this month, and moving to one of those Wisconsin towns. Looking forward to it.

Anyway hoping to post more in the future. Hi to jtfortin.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome from a fellow cheesehead. If you interned with jtfortin in New Berlin I can add another Cyburbanite to those I have met!

Markitect

Cyburbian
GISgal said:
Anyway hoping to post more in the future...

Spending your time posting here this afternoon and not preparing for your APW presentation later tonight, eh (which I assume will be starting at any minute now as I type this)?

SGB

Cyburbian
Re: Re: another midwesterner

Markitect said:
Spending your time posting here this afternoon and not preparing for your APW presentation later tonight, eh (which I assume will be starting at any minute now as I type this)?

Oops - BUSTED!

Welcome to Time Theft Central!

donk

Cyburbian
Welcome to Time Theft Central!

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Welcome aboard.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Welcome

Welcome from a former midwesterner (Upper Michigan)

*I maybe on the east cost, but my heart is in the midwest.

Last edited:

prudence

Cyburbian
bturk said:
Welcome from a fellow cheesehead. If you interned with jtfortin in New Berlin I can add another Cyburbanite to those I have met!

I know who you are...well done in getting out of NB...

Welcome, former lurker.

Speak for your self, buddy. I had to quit the upstate chapter conference planning committee because i was having too much in state contact conflicting with the whole sick as a dog pregnant lady schtick I have going on.

But really, you're right. Where are all the NY planners?

GISgal

Cyburbian
quite the welcome

Originally posted by Markitect

i didn't know you lurked here too markitect. yes, procrastination the true art of grad school.

to the prudence post: left nb awhile back, and it felt good to gain new perspective. thanks, but still leaves me curious to know who you are...

APM, i know APM, and although we didn't always see eye to eye he was a good person once you got past the sometimes crusty exterior.

GISgal

Cyburbian
save me from myself

new to these message boards. please move this post to under another midwesterner in the introduce yourself board.

thanks.

Mod note: Threads merged as requested

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Hey GISGal - welcome aboard. Congrats on the new position. Look forward to keeping in touch.

Sorry you guessed wrong on APM but your choice would have been my 2nd guess :)