• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Another new planner in the making.....

ludes98

Cyburbian
Can't believe how many women I see pregnant or with babies right now, but we are now in the same (large) boat!! The ultrasound was yesterday and Mrs. Ludes is 10 1/2 weeks pregnant.

Side note: The OB is high tech with tablet PC's instead of paper. The hospital has birthing suites, with jacuzzi tubs, bed for me, internet, DVD player. Jeez!!

SGB

Cyburbian
The Cyburbia Baby Boom continues

Congratulations!

Prepare to have your world rocked in the most wonderous of ways.

SGB
Proud father of Lil' SGB - 4 years old & Miss SGB - 10 weeks

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Congrats to ludes98 and the Mrs.
Pray that everybody stays healthly.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Congrats. Having our son was the best and most life-changing thing in my life. Please steer the little one from planning. Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such, as Waylon and Willie said about another ill-advised profession. :-D

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Babies, as Twain wrote, are an inestimable blessing. And a bother.

But, oh! what a sweet bother. :-D
Best to you and yours.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Congrats and welcome to the expecting clube!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
this great news. ludes, good luck

My wife and I are planning to get preganent for our first soon and possibly have it in early 2006.

We like to be prepared. Just as a planner should. ;-)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
YEAH! Congratulations to the both of you! It is such an awesome experience (and I can still say that after getting three hours of sleep last night!!). Keep us posted, and let us know when we can start the baby name thread ;)

I think this warrants a "post a pic of your kid" thread (like most of us needs a reason) :-D

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Way to Go!

....my best to you n' the "Missus." Next time I'm in Tempe, I'll toast you all at the 4-Peaks after dropping off a liberal supply of "Baby Wipes" :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Wonderful news! Congrats to you and your wife. Where is this center? I had hoped the Valley had one like that for when J and I have children. I hope she doesn't have morning sickness too bad. :)

ludes98

Cyburbian
I finally scanned ultrasound pics!! I was amazed at how good the ultrasound was. These are at 20 weeks or so. His name is Spencer Dillon.

His face:

His Body:

Attachments

biscuit

Cyburbian
I must have missed this thread the first time so around so a belated congrats to you and the future mom-to-be. I'm still in the phase where everyone is getting married so I expect the great baby wave to hit sometime in the near future.

biscuit said:
I must have missed this thread the first time so around so a belated congrats to you and the future mom-to-be.
I missed this too! Congratulations! I always loved the u/s, compared to the u/s, listening to the heartbeat is such a yawn. :) Is this your first?

biscuit said:
I'm still in the phase where everyone is getting married so I expect the great baby wave to hit sometime in the near future.
You've got about another year before the first baby shows up, and the year after that, EVERYONE starts getting knocked up. Stock up on Toys R Us gift certificates.

Or not. I hear they're going bankrupt.

ludes98

Cyburbian
JNA said:
Q. inquiring minds want to know - inspiration for the names - family or other ?
Not family names. Our family names are not something I was intersted in naming my son...Horace, Elwin, Alvin, Gerald. :-# My mother in law likes to think we named him after Spencer Tracy, but that isn't true. My mom wants him to have my first name as his middle name because they named me like that. Truth is we kicked around names without books and such until we found names we like. Dillon and Spencer were at the top of the list so he got both! Don't tell our families, but we couldn't care less about family naming. He will know who his parents are and where they came from.

Downtown said:
Is this your first?
Yes it is. We are very excited and busy making the house preparations. We didn't have a spare bedroom, they were in use as home office for my wife and an excercise/storage room. All the stuff we had in there is donated or in our new off-site storage unit (15 boxes of Christmas stuff 8-! ). Plus we are recarpeting the house and re-doing our master bath in the process. Why? That is what I keep asking myself, but the show must go on! :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
ludes98 said:
Side note: The OB is high tech with tablet PC's instead of paper. The hospital has birthing suites, with jacuzzi tubs, bed for me, internet, DVD player. Jeez!!
[side note rant]
And the birthing center probably has Italian marble floors. This is why my health insurance goes up 25% per year. I long for the good old days then women didnt confirm their pregancies, and saw the OB maybe twice before the were in the stirrups with a cold metal forceps being thrust between their legs.
[/side note rant]

Oh, and congrats!

ludes98 said:
Plus we are recarpeting the house and re-doing our master bath in the process. Why? That is what I keep asking myself, but the show must go on! :)
Hormonal insanity called "the nesting urge". The last three days before my first child was born, I hardly slept and I couldn't pass by something without picking it up and cleaning it. :D

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Congratulations. May your wife have a trouble-free, 30 minute labor (assuming you can make it to the hospital in 30 minutes).

ludes98

Cyburbian
Chet said:
[side note rant]
And the birthing center probably has Italian marble floors. This is why my health insurance goes up 25% per year. I long for the good old days then women didnt confirm their pregancies, and saw the OB maybe twice before the were in the stirrups with a cold metal forceps being thrust between their legs.
[/side note rant]

Oh, and congrats!
I was a little surprised at how nice it was, but then I heard about their volume. This hospital OB unit does about 3000 births a year 8-! , with an average hospital stay of only 24 hours after birth. In the old days you fondly refer to ;), the hospital stay was twice as long. I know my insurance pays $1600 for vaginal delivery and $3600 for c-section so we'll see how big the bill I get is.

SGB

Cyburbian
ludes98 said:
His face:

His Body:
Hey, you. Yes - you! Put the comprehensive plan down, now! There will be time for all that later - say, in kindergarten. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Must resist
:8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8: :8:
Yeah sounds like a Domino's : Vaginal Delivery in 30 minutes or less, or your next one's free!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Ludes- I'll glady offer up to watch Spencer anytime for free if you and your wife need a little time to yourselves. I love the u/s pictures- he looks like a real baby (hey- sometimes it just looks like a blob to me!).