• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another one into the fray II

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
Hi everyone..another one into the fray here :) my name is Valentin. I grew up in New York City, namely The Bronx, near The Grand Concourse which is a beautiful blvd. also grew up in Newburgh, NY on the western bank of the Hudson River..Newburgh, a former industrial town that has since joined the rust belt of many Hudson River cities. picked up a Geography degree at Salem State College outside of Boston. spent some time in the private and public sector there after for a few years before going to back to school. I am currently finishing up my Masters degree in Urban Planning at the U. of Louisville in KY. I came down here inititally to learn about the city's efforts to plan a light rail line.

I look foward to hearing from others on the boards...cheers, Valentin

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Valentin....nice to see you active on the boards already!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! You must have an incredible amount of free time, or be very dedicated, to have dug up some of the old threads that have recently surfaced.

H

Cyburbian
Welcome,

You have the best Avatar thus far…

¡Viva los Dukes!

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!! appreciate it.

To Mud Princess: whoa, yeah, I see what you said about the Grand Concourse..I'm glad it was brought up because I love that parkway!!! its the blvd. where you almost have to cross twice. there are a few subway lines underneath. I have always wondered how the streetscape would have looked with a trolley or light rail running along the center of it...?? I love those gorgeous building that are on the 'Conc, too!!!!