• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another one into the fray

nash

After months of lurking, I've now sent my money to my grad school program and have taken my first solid step on the road to a planning career. My name is Nash, and I'm currently waiting out the next few months here in Chicago before I head to Philadelphia and, perhaps, the great blue yonder.

A quick breakdown of my bio: born in Fort Smith, Arkansas; grew up between Washington D.C. and Louisville, Kentucky; got my B.A. in Latin American History and Comparative Politics at Oberlin College (Cleveland, OH); spent the last four years as a web designer in New York City, Boston and Chicago. Now headed to the University of Pennsylvania to butt heads with the Lewis Mumford crowd on my way towards International Development (and hopefully Foreign Relations think-tank-ism).

Other job experiences of note: Senate reporter for contract national news agency, messenger here in Chicago, archaeologist in Tuscany (a town called Vicchio outside of Florence, Italy), intranet site designer for the stars (notably State Street Bank in Boston and United Airlines here in Chicago), independent record label ex-officio (www.flameshovel.com), and online magazine editor (the now defunct American Static Magazine).

But that's enough patting of back. I'll see you all on the boards...

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
The lurkers are all coming out of the shadows! :)

Welcome aboard Nash.

donk

Cyburbian
The lurkers are all coming out of the shadows!
They all want to join the clube.

Welcome aboard Nash, sounds like a pretty diverse background, you probably have some pretty interesting perspectives on many topics. Don't be afraid to jump in.

Decay B

wow - after all that interesting stuff, you are going to planning school??? I guess it can be an entry into international work, but all that regular planner stuff might seem a little slow to you.

In any case, welcome aboard.