• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another reason to hate pro-ball franchises

Jeff

Cyburbian
And the Eagles aren't even accepting Credit Cards for playoff tix. Too cheap to pay the 1% fee to VISA....

Scoundrels I tell ya!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
The Cubs are totally missing the boat on this one. The bleachers on surrounding rooftops add to the whole mystique that is Wrigley Field. Things like the ivy, the rooftop seating, the bars and restaurants surrounding the perimeter of Wrigly are the reason that fans keep on coming back to watch the Cubs even in years when they are terrible. Plus, people go onto those rooftops for the party aspect, not to really watch the game....and you are pretty damn far from the field too. With bleacher tickets selling out soon after they go on sale, tickets for the bleachers can get up and over $100 bucks each.

BKM

Cyburbian
Pro Sports

God, I hate the National Religion. Professional sports is a blight on our culture. :)

Just Kidding!

prudence

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
And the Eagles aren't even accepting Credit Cards for playoff tix. Too cheap to pay the 1% fee to VISA....

Scoundrels I tell ya!
The Packers haven't allowed credit card purchases for playoff tix for years. You pay in cash for all the possible playoff games...three in total. If you are due a refund, you get it in May...they sit on $4+ MIL/game not held a Lambeau for five months earning interest...

But I've got mine again...I have no choice...

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I want baseball to die so bad. Nothing would please me more than seeing a bunch of bankrupt owners, players, and anyone else directly involved in the "marketing" of the game.