• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Another Sprawladelphian...

tbombadill

Hi everyone,
Great forum, great insight, blah, blah...
Y'all can count on my offensive attitude towards developers and lawyers, blah,blah...
I'm always looking for a new twist on old zoning regs, blah...

Thanks for this introductory section, and a community of like-minded masochists.
T

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome tbombadill - offensive attitudes are always welcome

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome.

Now can anyone explain who/what Tom Bombadil is/was? It is one part of "The Ring" that I never was able to figure out, and it wasn't even included in the movie.

Jen

Cyburbian
Bombadil to the best of my knowledge wasn't in LOTR movie. Because I was waiting for him. And the river girl who brought the flood on the mounted wringraiths, in the first book was bombadil's daughter or lover it was confusing in the book too,

Tom Bombadil, was as old as earth and like a forest spirit but in lumberjack form, he found the river daughter . WHo I think he shacked up with!!!

I've read the Hobbit lots of times and just finished part 1 of the trilogy, cannt imagine what else is left to arite about for the last two books!!!

The ring gets chucked into the flames and all is well right?

Dont answer that.