• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Any planning schools in North Florida?

OfficialPlanner

Cyburbian
My ultimate goal is to become a Land-Use or Transportation Planner. Anyone have any reconmendations in the North Florida area?
Any co-op or interinship program avilable?

ecofem

Cyburbian
Northeast Florida, or Northwest Florida?

Both FSU and UF have planning schools.

ecofem

Cyburbian
The University of Florida, which is in Gainesville is probably the closest planning school to NE Florida.

UNF (in Jacksonville) doesn't have a planning department/school.

Savannah College of Art & Design (in Savannah, Georgia) has a planning school, but is about 2 hours away from Jacksonville.

I would suggest Florida State University's planning department in Tallahassee over all of the aforementioned planning schools. (but I'm biased)

lowlyplanner

Cyburbian
As a proud UF graduate, I think anyone and everyone should love Gainesville. If you plan on working in the NE Florida area, you should be able to make good contacts, etc. from UF.

Their program requires an internship, which you shouldn't have much trouble getting. Because of the 1990 Lawyers and Planners Full Employment Act, most cities' planning departments are pretty well overworked.

And Gainesville itself is a blast.