• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Anyone here ever use this?

Jeff

Cyburbian
I have that program on my desktop. I love it, the conversion from cubic feet to cubic yards still baffles me ;)

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
The metric system still baffles me too. I even have my bike computer set to the metric system so I have some concept of the speeds they talk about on OLN. Looking down and seeing a big 70 is scary though, I never remember that its only 45 mph.

green lizard

If you go to cnet (downloads.com) or tucows
you can get a free converter that will sit on your desktop.
search their sites for 'unit converter'. There are scads of
them and they are freeware.

nerudite

Cyburbian
green lizard said:
If you go to cnet (downloads.com) or tucows
you can get a free converter that will sit on your desktop.
search their sites for 'unit converter'. There are scads of
them and they are freeware.
Unfortunately, you have to have administration privileges to download anything here... so the web-based applications work best. It must be nice to work in a city that lets you download stuff... we can't even change the frickin' time/date on our computers. Bah!

biscuit

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Unfortunately, you have to have administration privileges to download anything here... so the web-based applications work best. It must be nice to work in a city that lets you download stuff... we can't even change the frickin' time/date on our computers. Bah!
I feel your pain. The old guy who had this desktop before I came here didn't use it so I have very little software and no media player. Internet is still running with Netscape 4.2 and I requested an upgrade like three months ago. Heck, I don't even have Acrobat on this thing. Maybe I need to go make nice (bust some heads ;) )with some of the tech people.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Why is it that MIS/IT people always think they are the gestapo? I mean how can you work without Adobe Acrobat?

I know the feeling all too well though.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:
Why is it that MIS/IT people always think they are the gestapo? I mean how can you work without Adobe Acrobat?

I know the feeling all too well though.
Fortunately around here the guys dont have a clue. ME and Prudence have our own server and admin privileges.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Fortunately around here the guys dont have a clue. ME and Prudence have our own server and admin privileges.
Ditto. I am even in a separate building from the rest of the city administration.

garethace

Cyburbian
Here is another good one

PortfolioWall Delivers:

PortfolioWall emphasizes simplicity and ease of use. It enables people to get into closer contact with digital assets by pointing, touching and tapping their way through 2D and 3D images and animations.

Shorter delays in design reviews

Simpler ways to work

Improved communication within and between teams

A shared common awareness of key projects

An enhanced ability to see "the big picture"

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/portfoliowall/index.shtml