• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Anyone Remember ThoseMorbid Driver Ed?

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Probably giving away my age, but does anyone recall those dreadful "Driver's Ed" flicks you had to sit through in H.S.? I was in Pa. in the 60's and rather than teach a class period, the teacher (who was typically a Shop & Phys. Ed instructor) ran these suckers non-stop.

It's amazing I ever got behind a wheel after suffering through those things...

Likely a topic with relates to paraell threads) but say we "contemporaize" the concept and do a driver's ed flick about the SUV that consumes "AnyTown, Main Street, USA."

Any casting ideas?

http://slate.msn.com/id/2085464/[/URL] :c

kms

Cyburbian
Oh, I remember those films. Yuk! I saw them once a year beginning in 8th grade. In 11th I tried to get a teacher to excuse me from watching it, but she made me go. I chose a seat behind hers and kicked the back of it throught the film.

In 8th grade, all the girls wore Sweet Honesty perfume, lots of it. I always associated that smell with the gore of the film.

el Guapo

Capitalist
In a college mechanical engineering class they showed a safety film where a doctor was poking around in a guy's eyeball with a set of tweezers to get a non-ferrous metal fragment. Lesson: Wear your safety goggles. Real lesson: I missed the rest of the film because I passed out and I always wore safety glassses thereafter.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I never took drivers ed so i dont know, i do know one of the girls in my grade took the class and came around a corner with a car load of kids (and teacher) and killed a big cow in the road. We had a lot of meat that week and no one would eat it in the Caf.

ewwww

Tom R

Cyburbian
Signal 30

Signal 30
Two memorable scenes, one with a girl'f face wrapped around the windshield post and another with a guy lying on the ground in great pain. I'm not sure they did any good but scare the s*** out of us for a while. We lost a number of student on Prom Night Crashes.

kms

Cyburbian
We didn't see this films in Drivers' Ed. We saw them during school assembly.