• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Anyone seen an APA lately?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
For the last two days I have been attempting to get to APA's web site, but it seems it is no longer there. Most of the time, I would simply say "no great loss" and navigate my way back to the many better planning sites. However, I am attempting to post a job, and would like it to have as much exposure as possible. Is the web site (www.planning.org) down? What gives? Anyone know?

SGB

Cyburbian
I usually scan their newsfeed daily. I think their site has been down for at least 3 days.

Consipiracy theorists, have at it! :-D

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Stuart Meck said www.planning.org was down back on Wednesday when he hosted the AICP Law Audio Conference. He said they would have it up soon. Perhaps I should pay no attention to Stuart Meck?

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
It happens periodically, usually when you're job-hunting. It did that to me a couple of years ago, was down for nearly a week.
Just checked, BTW. It's still down. Maybe they're upgrading?

I've also been having problems accessing the site. So much for trying to register for the AICP exam..... :-\

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
OK, so here's the question:

How many of us really care if the site is down?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Maybe if they weren't spending all their money on planning for China they could afford a good IT person.

I tried getting on to search for jobs yesterday and it was down. I tried this morning and it is back up and running fine.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I could care less about the APA site :-@ the APA truly gets my goat.

I tend to get good info from the ULI page anyway.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
It's back up as far as I can tell.....just clicked the link in SGB's Salary Survey thread.