• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Anyone seen Memento?

Jen

Cyburbian
Care to spoil it for me? I rented this flick over the weekend,but couldnt finish watching it, it practically made me nauseous to watch it (or that could've been the warm Corona's). The film starts at the end and keeps replaying scenes and goes to black and white and was a bit hard to follow (or again that could've been the warm Corona's) - I bailed out when Natalie cursed up a blue streak and got punched in the mouth and then returned to the main character a few minutes later and of course he didnt remember doing it. And who was he talking to on the phone all the time?

I would like to know how it turned out but I really can't sit through that again -

I was about to post this to the Straight Dope Message Board but discovered they've been hacked and the hammy's taken hostage until the end of the month!

Jen, what the movie boils down to, is that the story that Guy Pearce was telling about the guy who killed his wife by giving her too much insulin, was really Guy Pearce. And that after he finally tracks down his wife's alleged killer, it turns out that Guy Pearce is really in this cycle where he finds the killer, then because he can't bear for his life to have no meaning, fabricates a new "fact" to tattoo on himself and off the new hunt begins to find his wife's killer, ultimately leading him to kill an innocent person.

That basically sums it up.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jen wrote:
I was about to post this to the Straight Dope Message Board but discovered they've been hacked and the hammy's taken hostage until the end of the month!
[slight hijack]

The SDMB is running a very old version of vBulletin -- I think it was 1.1.2. This is the second time they were hacked in the past year; I think they're upgrading to 2.2. (I'm going to upgrade the Cyburbia forums to the new version of vBulletin soon.) Since the SDMB has so much traffic, it's unlikely they'll implement all the features of the SDMB that you see on Cyburbia - avatars, images, and so on.

I'm a regular on the SDMB, and I've been to a couple of Dopefests. I'm jonesin' for its return; as a general discussion board, it's hard to find a better crowd.

[/slight hijack]

Jen

Cyburbian
some movie

Thanks KMateja I would've guessed that maybe the man who was being investigated for insurance fraud by Guy was the killer. Oh wait a minute he was the killer, cause he was really the Guy!

It was a weird movie but had some hilarious moments. (the motel desk clerk who rented him two rooms etc...)

Mary

What's the address for the SDMB? I'd like to check it out when it's up and running.

oh, jen, guy pearce ends up killing that cop who was supposedly helping him. but the real killer was some random punk, that he had already tracked down and killed a while ago, but, of course, forgot about it, so he fed himself a clue about that cop, and set off on a new quest.