• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

APA and/or AICP?

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Does anyone know if I can separate my APA membership from my AICP membership?

These are personal reasons but I do not love the direction of the APA on a national (and local as well) basis. I think it has become too agenda driven, too environmental, too anti-suburban, too anti-business and economic development.

I just don't see the value anymore.

I am not really interested in debating that today but was wondering how to keep AICP and leave APA?

Any help?

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
But AICP is not like an entitlement, I have earned that. I am going to send an email to the source on this. I will report back.

Nero

Many of us support APA directions on these pionts. A large organization like APA will never be able to make everybody happy but over all, like it or not, they are the planners voice.

I can hear it now " their not my voice!" then jion the other planners organization.... or get involved to change the direction.

biscuit

Cyburbian
gkmo62u said:
These are personal reasons but I do not love the direction of the APA on a national (and local as well) basis. I think it has become too agenda driven, too environmental, too anti-suburban, too anti-business and economic development.
Obviously a Clemson trained planner. ;)

I too have stopped paying APA dues, but then again I'm not AICP. Good luck and let us know what happens.