• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

APA Florida Chapter forum discontinued

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
As posted in the APA Florida Chapter forum (http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=34)

Florida APA members,

The original intent of this bulletin board is to "promote discussion of a petition to amend the bylaws of the Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association (FAPA) and to serve FAPA's membership." Unfortunately, very little (if any) such discussion took place; among all messages, there has been a little under a post a month. Balloting for the bylaw amendments has been concluded.

Hopefully, this bulletin board can be used as a general discussion area for FAPA's ±2,500 members. If there is no interest, though, i.e. no link from the main Florida APA Web site (http://www.floridaplanning.org) before 31 August 2002, I'll probably lock this subtopic area to new posts and followups. Some posts will be moved to appropriate subtopic discussion areas on the Cyburbia Forums. The subtopic area can be easily customized for any other party interested in using it.

In any case, thanks for allowing Cyburbia the opportunity to host the Florida APA bylaw discussion forum.

Dan

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I love their links page that has a link to "Cyberbia" :p

The Louisiana chapter may soon follow. I sent an email to the entire executive committe - state officers and local section officers throughout the state informing them about the board. - that's about 20 something people. Only ONE replied back thanking me for telling him about the site, but I don't think he's posted anything so far. There was a little bit of activity for a while (re:Richard Florida and creative cities) but those people are all from the same office - another local consulting firm - where they have some insane policies about using the internet at work. Nevermind the fact that the board is up and running 24-7.

Since I have no control over how information is disseminated at the state level, I have no way of notifying state chapter members of the board. I did ask the web site administrator to link the board to the chapter web site........I haven't seen it yet.

I am including a plug for the board in the N.O. chapter newsletter and plan to do some promoting at our upcoming luncheon and the state chapter conference in October.

Dan, if it's okay with you, I'm willing to hold out until December. If these like-to-complain-but-are-NEVER-willing-to-do-anything-about-it LA-APA members don't use the forum (or forums), then you can discontinue it. :)