• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

APA in DC 2004

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Somehow I think that latex will be part of the mandatory dress code at Cyburbia Bash III...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol no latex wont be required, i dont want drunk folks with sharp metal jewlery or smokes to touch my pretty latex! now leather is much more for bar hopping. i mean come on i DO own jeans and sweatshirts. Course a visit to the local SM club could be on the list if folks wanted ;-)

Georgetown, Adams Morgan, Dupont Cir, Arlington, the Hotel Washington for drinks...wheeeeeee

Other Metro area planners wanna start working on the agenda for next year?

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
I will have to start asking soon if I can go to DC next year, it may be more affordable, as I could drive.
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

donk

Cyburbian
Just think, you could leave NS, pick me up, side trip to NH, then Boston, then Philly and if need be a side trip to Albany, its not that far out of the way.

There would be a trail of beer cans on the interstate. Not that i condone littering.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I could hook up with the group in Albany...

I'm thinking DC might be a possibility - wouldn't do the conference, but it would be a good road trip.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
There are some dog friendly hotels in Old Town Alexandria-check out the Holiday Inn on King street-they even have a weekly Happy hour. sad to say MOST hotels in DC do not accept pets at all.

come on down DC is great-when its not FROZEN or BOILING

prudence

Cyburbian
Hotels??

We can ALL stay at PG's and spend the hotel $$ on more frivolous things...like martinis and PVC.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
I would be happy to plan an event PG.

Off Topic

I have to admit not getting the bringing the dogs with you thing?

Someone please splain.....or s...sumup.....

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan has doggies and they travel with him. A bit of Mississippi Leg Hound is in one of them ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol thanks for making this its own thread Guap!

and FYI no one is staying here-i got a 960 sq ft house with 3 folks and 2 dogs, talk about space management!!

And shopping for...that kinda stuff sucks here-thats what Philly is for ;-)

DC is loads of fun, yall start planning now to take extra days off and enjoy.

PG

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
Lol thanks for making this its own thread Guap!
I'll take credit for splitting the threads. :) Seemed like the right thing to do.