APA National Conference in San Francisco

TOFB

Cyburbian
Affirmative. I wish it was in another city I haven't been to however . . . Portland, Salt Lake City, Austin, or Miami

Hink

OH....IO
Too far away to justify the budget. Next year though we will be going... maybe.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I am speaking so I gotta go - I signed up a group to speak with me when I was gainfully employed and now as a consulting start up, the price tag is going to hurt!

I might look into airbnb though I know SF hates them!

No way, no how. Too far, and I have a like/hate relationship with SF and the Bay that is swinging more towards hate latley.

Still kicking myself for missing Seattle '15. NYC '17 more so. But like only superficially, because really who cares.......... Its still APA :p

I plan on attending in 2021, 2023 and 2024, those will be in cities I like ;)

TOFB

Cyburbian
I am speaking so I gotta go - I signed up a group to speak with me when I was gainfully employed and now as a consulting start up, the price tag is going to hurt!

I might look into airbnb though I know SF hates them!
I saw a few that looked interesting but ended up at a hotel around Union Square.

My political views prohibit me from entering into Nancy Pelosi's district.

Ok... it is my wallet more than anything... but I am a no-go.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
I am more than likely a no go. Although hotel costs wouldn't be an issue as I would stay with my aunt, but I really don't gain much from national.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
I will be there. One of the pluses to being the state president is my registration & hotel get covered by the chapter. My new employer will let me go "on the clock" and will budget for it next year.

I loved San Francisco when I visited for the first time last summer and am excited to go again so soon! We're planning to stay on a few extra days for a mini-vaca.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Not within driving distance. Not happening. I generally stick to State, Regional and local conferences/workshops. And I still greater exceed the CMs I need per cycle.

I've been hit and miss about National. They tend to be expensive, but my current employer doesn't mind as long as I have it in the budget. The upside is that I've gone to places, NYC, Seattle and now San Francisco that normally wound't have gone. They've given me adventures I wouldn't have otherwise had. The sessions are good to ok. I'm not really social. so the fellowship isn't part of it for me.