• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

APA Updates

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hmmm... no reports of Cyburbanites wreaking havoc at the conference. bturk and Giff must be having an off-week!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I think next year, it's in Denver. I'll have a good excuse to head back there. Lots of friends, lots of memories, and I could also spend a couple more weeks there, returning to some of the green runs at Breckenridge, and running down I-25 to Las Cruces.

The opening reception at APA/CIP Toronto was perhaps the most memorable for me. Eaton Centre, all to ourselves! Toronto is like an old friend., and it was nice having a conference in a setting that was warm and familiar.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan

I'm going next year. Wanna go halfs on a room in Denver at the Super 8? Drive up here and I'll drive the rest of the way. You are driving aren't you? - and if we break down on the way I speak fluent Kansan. That may help us somehow.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Dan

El Guapo said:
I'm going next year. Wanna go halfs on a room in Denver at the Super 8?
Brown Palace, dude. Either that, or the Hyatt. No more "student hotels" for me anymore.

I still have the keys to my old house, which was only two miles from downtown. Supposedly, the new owners "popped the top and punched the rear," so they'll never find us in what's now a tract mansion.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Got back last night...

...good time in Chi-town. Met bturk and prudence after an HNTB reception...didn't run into giff.

They made the opening reception open bar this year..... :) :) :)

prudence

Cyburbian
The Conference was a good time despite having work...I believe speaking at a session constitutes work.

The House of Blues thing could have been better attended by the Cyburbia masses, but I didn't stumble in 'til 3 AM regardless. Had to speak the day after the Pub Crawl, so I was forced to turn in by 1 AM...

Met NHPlanner and Giff...wonderful to put names and faces to the avatars.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Opening Reception

For those that weren't there...