• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Zoning Appealed Applications

CityWoke

How do you all approach an applicant changing their request after a Commission denial and prior to the appeal at Council? Is the appeal limited to the request at the time of denial? Do you consider it to be a new application if they want to change it?

I'll hang up and take the answer off the air.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Depending on the scale or substance of the change(s), I would tell them to take it back to the Commission for re-review/ask for reconsideration.

I would let it go to Council.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
I'd say it's like two diverging tracks- the appeal can go to Council, the reconsideration can go to Commission, and if both result in an approval, the applicant can choose which one they want to pursue.

DVD

Cyburbian
If it is a substantial change, whatever that is, then it's a new commission application. If not than it's appeal time.