• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption contest 🔤 April 7, 2021 caption contest

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I spotted this on the book of faces. It’s from the town next door.

C5114FE7-E1C0-4A93-9FB5-34EF34F005FA.jpeg

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
ADA advocates were concerned the new public art sculpture downtown might hinder accessibility.

Planit

Cyburbian
PAS#234 New Parking & Traffic Options in Urban Environments
Synopsis: Old traditional parking requirements tend to use too much land in projects. How many times is there a vast over abundance of spaces in strip malls, but few options in downtown environments. This report looks a revolutionary parking alternatives meant to save valuable land.

Example shown: Vertical Parallel Parking.
This alternative allows parallel parking but with a space saving alternative where less land is required for dedicated parking.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Okay, dear, remember when I said "leave as much room for other vehicles to pass by when you park?" It's entirely my fault I forgot to specify that the vehicle also needs to stay upright when doing so. My bad.