• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

April Fool's Day

Floridays

Cyburbian
This is my first April Fool's Day at my current job and I'm waiting to see who the biggest pranksters will be. My boss told me that one year he had everyone running around looking for a plat file that didn't exist. How about your office? Are you planning any "tricks?" Or do you have any fun stories of previous April Firsts?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
We've had our April Fools joke - more bloody snow! Should hopefully melt soon, before it's time to go home.

My last workplace, I had a co-worker who was a bit of a prankster, so we fed off each other. April Fools was pretty much an every day occurence. Where I work now, not so much. Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

Our boss is on vacation in Florida, last week and this week, coming back on Thursday. One of the senior planners came in this morning and announced he's coming back later this morning. Secretaries just kind of looked at him, and he couldn't contain his "April Fools!"

I pulled a reverse april fools on rob this morning. i woke him up with "honey - wake up. guess what - another inch of snow last night". he groaned and said "noooooo". hee! "April fools!" he said "i knew it" and i then informed him, no, really we did get another inch last night. :D

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hehe well nothing going on at work-stiffs

but a few years ago i was seeing this guy and he was WAYYYY into me and WAYYY right wing (i donno why i went out with him)

anyway i woke up before him showered etc and came to wake him up. (i had been plotting this for days) i had the serious look on my face handed him his coffee and told him we needed to talk-i had something very big to tell him

i went on and on about how much i loved him, how i never though this could happen to me etc etc laying it on thick

then as hes wondering WTF is up i held his hands looked in his eyes and told him i had been born a man and had recently undergone a sex change. that infact he was inlove with a man

he turned green and ran to the bathroom

ok so i was mean i let the game go on all morning-hes all freaked out, telling me he loves me but its just wrong etc etc, he goes to call his sister and talk to her about it and i realize its time to blow the cover

i told him it was an aprils fools-he about passed out

hehe bad PG bad PG

kms

Cyburbian
Oh, PG, that is soooo cruel! (I wish I thought of it) How long after that did the relationship last?

Jen

Cyburbian
And so it is! let the court jesters speak the "truth"

So given that it just took me a heck of a long time to get cyburrrbia on line I thought this place would be crawling with posts from APA tagged Denver conferees. Where is everybody ?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
It lasted about another week or two-i realized just how right wing he was and how we would never see eye to eye

turned out he was on Paxil and would just stop taking it cold and turn violent as hell with no warning

NEXT!!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
My boss has been yanking my chain by telling me the receptionist up front, who is on the safety committee, would be requesting that I give a presentation at a safety meeting... So I started talking to her boss, and got her to play along, that the recetionist would have to assist me in setting up the presentation.

Since we both knew who started it, the City Admin, we plotted against him. First thing in the morning we went into his office for him to resolve the "dispute". We did a great job of playing it up, yelling, making rude comments... she even managed a couple tears. All the while the CA is trying unsuccessfully to mediate.

Man, when we both turned and said, "April Fools", I thought he was going to explode! Everyone was out in the hallway listening... and the laughter was riotous.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I received a phone call that I was being audited. Being at APA Denver, I totally lost track of what "day" it was. It had me for almost 5 minutes before the friend on the other end busted out laughing.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
A call to the library... in my best Arabic-sounding accent... "Do you have the Terrorist's Cookbook?"

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I e-mailed a fake letter to the secretary to send out critizing a development plan for 95 units on 4 acres on the street next to her. I said we can't approve the plan until the city solicitor determines whether the units are considered "rooming houses" or "halfway houses," and the uses in the proposed major retail center are defined.

It wasn't shocking enough. She just calmly asked me about their plans.