• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

GIS ArcGIS for home use program

ColoGI

Cyburbian
sometimes I need to take work home with me over the weekend (or is that even allowed with this software)?
Thanks-
ESRI frowns on that, and would prefer you leave work at the office to enjoy the outdoors or a movie on the weekend. ;o)

I'd personally just call and see if you can find someone at the number who can determine whether it would be compatible with work version.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Keep us updated on what you find out. Do they really provide the full version of extensions like Network Analyst?

kpf

Cyburbian
I’ve looked into it, but more for continuing education reasons, not for taking my work home with me. It looks like a good program, but it has one huge caveat: is it’s only an ArcView level license; you’re stuck at the lowest level. You could still do a lot of work, but there’s a lot you can’t do. If you’re looking to work from home, and you’re at ArcGis 10, you might want to look into license borrowing

Cardinal Wrote: Do they really provide the full version of extensions like Network Analyst?
See above. You’d have access to the extensions, but some of the tools will be locked down because you don’t have a fancy enough license. That may or may not be a deal breaker, depending on what you need to do.

JLyon

The home version appears to be a play around and learn version and should not be used for commercial purposes. Taking work home should look at the borrow license option available in Arc10