• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Architectural review boards

dcdweller

Does anyone have any resources on architectural review boards?

Specifically looking for successful urban models that are unrelated to historic districts or planned communities. Information on case law history would be helpful too.

fever

dcdweller said:
Does anyone have any resources on architectural review boards?

Specifically looking for successful urban models that are unrelated to historic districts or planned communities. Information on case law history would be helpful too.

Vancouver has an advisory body consisting of architects, engineers, landscape architects, a planning representative, and development industry rep called the Urban Design Panel. I'm not sure this is different from other cities. You can get an idea of their input from the minutes and the other info on this page..

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/commsvcs/planning/udp/Udp.html

ambmason

Cyburbian
Try the National Alliance of Preservation Commissions. They are a non-profit organization set up to provide just that kind of information. I don't have the website information on hand- but I am sure you can goggle them easily enough.