• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Are polls disabled?

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Is the option to create a poll to do along with a new post now disabled? I just tried to do one, and I could not see where to dreate the poll. Is it gone or am I just having a brain fart and cn't remember how to do it?

Thanks in advance, people.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I believe the mods have performed an intervention to disengage us from the polls for a bit, if I read the adjoining thread correctly.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Polls are currently disabled, due to some abuse by some members. They'll be back in the future.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Rumpy Tuna said:
Was I an abuser....sniff, sniff.... give me my fix Frodo...
We'd never embarass an abuser in public. ;)

They've been PM'ed. Mostly it was someone going back and dredging up polls from a year ago or earlier....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Polls are disabled for a few weeks, to help promote more creative FAC topics.

To make up for this, image attachments have returned for the time being. I think I've found a way to restore large MySQL backups, and the server has been much more reliable lately; potential database corruption isn't as pressing of an issue as it was.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
NHPlanner said:
Polls are currently disabled, due to some abuse by some members. They'll be back in the future.
That would be me, I think. My belated apologies to the moderators.