• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Are You a Barbarian?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
GeogPlanner said:
thanks for the reminder...off to catch what i can...

was too caught up in iowa...

I did my part at the caucus. I was counted for one of top two

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I've always wanted to plunder and pillage.

It's got to be great cardio!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Biscuit watch Iowa caucus returns. No have time to watch pitiful fake barbarians on color picture screen. Now bring Biscuit morning grog and local village woman! Aaaaaaargh!!!

ludes98

Cyburbian
Barbarian to the Bone
Attila would be proud. You're unstable, violent, erratic, selfish, maniacal and generally a very unpleasant and dangerous human being. With just a little sprinkle of cannibalism and a healthy dose of pillaging, you'd slide perfectly into Barbarian culture like a sharp sword through human flesh.

Oh come on, all I wanted was the town next door and some coffee!! :-D

BKM

Cyburbian
Does reading Elric novels by Michael Moorcock make me a barbarian-or just a nerd?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I had lunch on Saturday at a barbarian themed Mongolian place....

biscuit

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
I had lunch on Saturday at a barbarian themed Mongolian place....
Barbarian Mongolian BBQ
What would that be... slaughter something with your bare hands and they'll stir fry it for you?

Last edited:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
biscuit said:
Barbarian Mongolian BBQ
What would that be... slaugter something with your bare hands and they'll stir fry it for you?

No you "pillage" a cold ingredient bar and then the grill it for you.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
No shock here...

Barbarian to the Bone
Attila would be proud. You're unstable, violent, erratic, selfish, maniacal and generally a very unpleasant and dangerous human being. With just a little sprinkle of cannibalism and a healthy dose of pillaging, you'd slide perfectly into Barbarian culture like a sharp sword through human flesh. :-0

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
The Uncouth Comrade
Like Boss Hogg in a chicken drumstick store, you're only a short step away from plunging over the edge of that giant cliff called society. Sure, you brush your teeth, wash behind your ears and make polite conversation with others, but the instinct of the barbarian is bubbling under the surface of your public persona. Keep it up and the Mongols would be proud to call you one of their own.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Apparently, I'm an "uncouth comrade" and the mongols would like to claim me as one of their own. Damn, I knew I was good for somethin'!!! ;-) :-D