• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Are you AARP?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
SCARY… Maister is 39, right now, and he has been a card-carrying member of AARP since he was 24. Is this common?

SGB

Cyburbian
You must mean the American Association of Revisionary Planners?

;)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
SGB said:
You must mean the American Association of Revisionary Planners?

;)
No he means the Associated A-holes Reversing Progress.

But if you're talking about that association for retired folks I'm a member of that one too. AARP mailed me a membership card about a month after I got discharged from the Marines. I didn't even request it - but hey, I am eligible for big savings on insurance, motel rooms, I haven't had the chutzpah yet to do it but one of these days I swear I'll walk into McDonalds and insist on getting 15% off on my coffee :-}

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
I would never join AARP...they lobby against money going to schools. AAA can give you the same discounts. 8-!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
sisterceleste said:
I would never join AARP...they lobby against money going to schools. AAA can give you the same discounts. 8-!
I'm with the "goddess" on this one. I'll never join based on their lobbying positions.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
I'm with the "goddess" on this one. I'll never join based on their lobbying positions.
Ahhh, the essence of democracy. I'm afraid that something that benefits one demographic group necessarily comes at the expense of another. Every virtue is someone else's corollary sin. :u: