• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Are you going to read Living History by HRC

Living History by HRC: Are you reading it?

• Hello, I already read it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, in the future when it's on the nice price rack

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No, I'm not interested at all

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • That b*tches husband ruined this country

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I can't stand Hillary. I will not read the book. I don't care what is in there because you can't believe anything she says. My guess is that it is full of propaganda for her run at the presidency in 2008. All of the supposedly "juicy" stuff is already leaked. I will wait until NBC buys the rights to the book and makes a movie of it starring Cybil Sheppard.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Won't do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. Plus I don't want to give that bey-otch any royalty monies. Pffffft!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
There are probably millions of people buying that book becase they think its full of juicy accounts of what went on in the whitehouse bedroom. Instead they'll be treated to a self serving account of how caring, hard working and committed Hillary thinks she is.

I actually voted for her, but I will not be reading the book. I just have so little interest in politicians' personal lives - you can't believe anything that any one of them says, why would a "tell all" book be any different from the propaganda they spread on a daily basis?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
The pain lasted 8 years... why would I want to extend it any more than I need to?? It is like hitting your hand with a hammer. It is not good thing.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
michaelskis said:
The pain lasted 8 years... why would I want to extend it any more than I need to?? It is like hitting your hand with a hammer. It is not good thing.

That's how I feel about the Reagan years. But in that case, they'll be no memoir...no memory.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I'm not going to read it either, but it's not because I don't like her - just that I don't really care about the life of a First Lady. Bill Clinton, when he writes a book, will have far more interesting things to say.

I don't understand why people spew so much venom at Hillary. I don't see this beast that others do. Look at the responses here so far, it sounds like most people hate her.

Downtown - if I lived in NY, I would've voted for her, too. She's been a great Senator for New York so far.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
The ratio of female to male readers who will purchase this book will be something like 3,500,000 to 1.

I'm not trying to be sexist or anything. The primary market that her publisher has anticipated to be the major consumer of this book has got to be females. Dudes just don't read stuff like that. "Tell All!" books - what's that all about? Her pain is just that - her pain. I don't need to read about her misery. But if it's adpated into a made-for-television movie, in the tradition and format of the Jerry Springer Show, I'm sure I'll be watching it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I may borrow a copy from the library sometime to read.

I thought Stephanopoulos's book All Too Human was pretty interesting... so might as well.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:
I'm not going to read it either, but it's not because I don't like her - just that I don't really care about the life of a First Lady. Bill Clinton, when he writes a book, will have far more interesting things to say.

I agree. I'm not interested in Hillary's account of Bill's 8 years in office; I'm interested in Bill's account of that time. That would be much more interesting.

But one the whole, who cares? All this stuff is in the past; let the historians deal with it. Dems seeking a return of the "glory years" and Repubs wishing to "unleash their venom" need to both give it up. It's over!

spitfly79

I could care less for a book entitled Living History about Hillary...I agree...no need to give her royalties..shes a carpetbagger in my mind...plus she should've divorced Slick Willy but saving political face is more important than moral responsibility yet who gives about moral responsibility these days Slick Willy would probably beat Dubya in an election.

oulevin

Cyburbian
Living History

I'll probably do with History what I usually do with political biographies: cut to the good parts and put it back on the bookstore bookshelf.

I, too, have to take all the content with a grain of salt; I have a feeling the "wring Bill's neck" line is exactly what some political groups want to read. There is no way with all the previous scandals that she could have been shocked at Bill's disclosed indiscretion.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
BOOORRRIIIING

"Tell-all" books don't interest me in the least. Personally, I think most of this stuff has already been covered ad nauseum in the press.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
No.. Nope.. No way...
I prefer books that have something inside, and that leave something in you after you read them...
I could care less of a book written by Hillary Clinton... There are much better books to read than her book...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Does anyone else smell media bias? Newt writes a book and is told to give the money away to charity or he will be set a fire in the press. Hillary writes a book for way more money and nary a discouraging word is heard.

I hope there is a just and Catholic God, just so those two will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. How is that for hard core Clinton bashing? :) They both make me want to puke, but in a nice way.

Jeff

Cyburbian
.....and all the Barbera Walters, Connie Chung, Katie Couric interviews are making me sick!

I hate her and her husband. I say we have a book-burning party.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
EG said:
I hope there is a just and Catholic God, just so those two will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. How is that for hard core Clinton bashing? :) They both make me want to puke, but in a nice way.

God is just a part of the "massive right-wing conspiracy." ;)

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Greescapeist--

I have to take the bait. What exactly has she done to make her a great NY Senator? A great NY Senator? That is crazy talk. Daniel Patrick Moynihan was a great NY Senator; Al D'Mato was a great NY Senator....

She blew off a number of September 11 hero funerals, was booed off the stage at MSG by Police and Fire men, taken campaign money from and given it back--questionable middle eastern groups....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
...and the piece of turd is setting B&N sales records.

What does that say about our society? Well, I suggest a huge chlorine shock in the gene pool.

This arrived in my mailbox this morning. Should this go into the Neverending Spam thread or what?

You are listed as &RCP_EMAIL; in our system
Click here to be excluded from this and future mailings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy It Today
Hillary Rodham Clinton is known to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Yet few beyond her close friends and family have ever heard her account of her extraordinary journey. She writes with candor, humor and passion about her upbringing in suburban, middle-class America in the 1950s and her transformation from Goldwater Girl to student activist to controversial First Lady. Living History is her revealing memoir of life through the White House years. It is also her chronicle of living history with Bill Clinton, a thirty-year adventure in love and politics that survives personal betrayal, relentless partisan investigations and constant public scrutiny.

Hillary Rodham Clinton came of age during a time of tumultuous social and political change in America. Like many women of her generation, she grew up with choices and opportunities unknown to her mother or grandmother. She charted her own course through unexplored terrain -- responding to the changing times and her own internal compass -- and became an emblem for some and a lightning rod for others. Wife, mother, lawyer, advocate and international icon, she has lived through America's great political wars, from Watergate to Whitewater.

The only First Lady to play a major role in shaping domestic legislation, Hillary Rodham Clinton traveled tirelessly around the country to champion health care, expand economic and educational opportunity and promote the needs of children and families, and she crisscrossed the globe on behalf of women's rights, human rights and democracy. She redefined the position of First Lady and helped save the presidency from an unconstitutional, politically motivated impeachment. Intimate, powerful and inspiring, Living History captures the essence of one of the most remarkable women of our time and the challenging process by which she came to define herself and find her own voice -- as a woman and as a formidable figure in American politics.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Mud:

I was trying to be bi-partisan. Al D represented his constituancy very well for what 2 terms. Brought home a lot of pork. You do not have to agree with his political philosophy to say he was a good Senator for the people of NY.