• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Are you quirkyalone? Want to be?

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Yet another social label. Why do people need to assign a label to every type of living situation? If it were up to me, I would just stick with the choices on my tax return...

Single
Married
Common-law

Or maybe it's just me.

BKM

Cyburbian
Per my aside on the Budgie thread, I scored quite high-sadly enough :(

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Acording to that quiz I'm very quirkyalone... (What a news flash!)
Though BKM beat me.. I got 93... he got 97...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
87??? But some of the questions did not have my answer... such as, going to the movies to possibly meet a cute girl...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
From the site:

Your score was 104. Very quirkyalone.
Relatives may give you quizzical looks, and so may friends, but you know in your heart of hearts that you are following your inner voice. Though you may not be romancing a single person, you are romancing the world. Celebrate your freedom on National Quirkyalone Day, February 14th!

Rem

Cyburbian
97 - same analysis as Dan. I don't understand what QA means and the score interpretation is bogus.

The Irish One

I prefer the "human touch" and am not offended by the jcrew couple.

How quirkyalone are you?
Your score was 104. Very quirkyalone:
Relatives may give you quizzical looks, and so may friends, but you know in your heart of hearts that you are following your inner voice. Though you may not be romancing a single person, you are romancing the world. Celebrate your freedom on National Quirkyalone Day, February 14th!

donk

Cyburbian
New high score 120.

I would argue that I am not following my inner voice, as it is currently either hoarse from yelling at me to do something or is handcuffed with a ball gag in its mouth.

biscuit

Cyburbian
But I am J-Crew people...

Apparently I'm one of those mysterious “quirkytogethers,” which sounds about right for me and the significant other .

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Your score was 64. Somewhat quirkyalone (otherwise known as quirkytogether):

You are probably part of a mysterious group of people, the quirkytogethers. You share many of our quirky qualities, but you manage to find yourself, on a regular basis, in a coupled situation. Interesting.
Mmmmm...okay. I just thank my lucky stars that I found someone as eccentric as I am to spend the rest of my life with.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Quirkytogether I guess.

Your score was 79. Somewhat quirkyalone (otherwise known as quirkytogether):
You are probably part of a mysterious group of people, the quirkytogethers. You share many of our quirky qualities, but you manage to find yourself, on a regular basis, in a coupled situation. Interesting.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I got a 42....not sure what that means....my pop-up blocker blocked the explaination I guess.

Habanero

Cyburbian
My score was 43.

Somewhat quirkyalone (otherwise known as quirkytogether):

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Oh... it turns out that I'm not Quirkyalone, but rather Quirky(ok, not that quirky) and Alone... aparently asocial people are not welcome in said trendy group...like I care... I'll just be myself! :)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I got a negative 3467RH72QB, meaning you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me Dottie....I'm a loner Dottie, a Rebel....

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
I scored was 88.

Very quirkyalone:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I don't have to take a test to know that I am quirky and alone. :u: