• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Art in New Zealand

JNL

Cyburbian
I think it's cool! Kinda wacky, of course but that's what's fun about it! I recently saw another piece of 'art' in a bar by the same guy - a picture of an Absolut bottle made from toast. It was really well done!

So if that's the best you can come up with to hassle us, we must be doing pretty well!

And I'd like to point out that I wasn't "Ford-bashing", merely clarifying the fact that HOLDENS ARE SUPERIOR!!!!!

JNL

Cyburbian
An oversized bottle of L&P (special soft drink unique to NZ - L&P = lemon and Paeroa). Paeroa is a town (location of this bottle funnily enough) and also a type of fruit I think?

JNL

Cyburbian
And a giant Takahe (flightless native bird). These are all from small towns that choose a bird, fruit, vegetable, animal etc as their symbol. Then they build a giant version and locate it on the main road, tourists come and have their photos taken with it, and the town becomes famous for it. I guess this is not a phenomenon unique to NZ... perhaps we should have a new thread (if it hasn't been done already): what's your town's symbol?