• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Article on Fremont CA Strip mall rezoning

jspence

Does anyone have a link to the actually rezoning text that gives property owners options ranging from 100% commercial to 100% residential to somewhere inbetween?

ludes98

Cyburbian
Nice staff report. Tempe is one of 2 landlocked cities in the Phoenix area. Increased density is the only avenue left for growth since only 7% of the City is vacant. The 20 year old code focuses on new development, but a complete code rewrite will shift the focus to redevelopment. As a part of that plan, mixed use areas are major component. I live near what is likely to be the first attempt at mixed use. I will be waiting to see how many dark boxes in my neighborhood are redeveloped.