Assembling a dream world [broadband recommended]

ablarc

     
The Irish One said:
I live in a suburban community so let me share my vision of another shire.

First, I like the idea of letting certain kinds of business run in a neighborhood. Small restaurants (bistro), bakeries, hair dressers, places where people can get their nails done, clothing boutiques, various boutiques and service stores. Nothing to industrial.

Second, I like the idea of people being able to build additions on to their houses in creative ways that will provide room for many different business' or give room for the kids and grandkids by building a 2nd or 3rd story. Maybe you want to build the extra story for renters or as office space.
Irish One, I like your ideas a whole lot; in fact I've fantasized how my street would be transformed by these two very factors. Maybe some day I'll do a drawing of the outcome.

Thanks; I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

BKM

Cyburbian
ablarc said:
Irish One, I like your ideas a whole lot; in fact I've fantasized how my street would be transformed by these two very factors. Maybe some day I'll do a drawing of the outcome.

Heck, even I, the defender of the STATUS QUO, would love to see more mixed use. My "auto body shop" is the worst case scenario, of course.

I think a lot of people are open to these idea's and you're welcome.

in fact I've fantasized how my street would be transformed by these two very factors
speaking of transformations,I really enjoy the visual transformations on this site. http://www.urban-advantage.com/images_HTM.htm

goto the bottom right to view the automatic transformations.

ablarc

     
Dynamite site, Irish One; glad to see this kind of thinking.

What would the Army Corps of Engineers think of the creek improvement?