• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Avatar theme for the first week in November

Beer Theme Week - Should we?

• What is beer?

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Why haven't we been doing this all along?

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Sure!

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Nah, I'm avatar theme'd out...back to lesbians

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I have no opinion or need to express the one I have.

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

RichmondJake said:
You're not alone. I'm not to savvy when it comes to this stuff either...I ride the short bus when it comes to the internet.

Good to know!

OK, I've got my image uploaded to the Test Gallery, now I just need to get it assigned as my avatar.....as if I didn't actually have piles of work to do.....

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
This is the best I could do...others have access to better image-playing-around-with software than I do.

191575moose_drool.bmp

At least you can still read the label...

moose

Thanks Tranplanner, but I think I actually figured it out myself! Hurrah! I know it's a little too detailed for avatar use, but yes, the whole point is to read the label. I wanted to love this beer so much -- I tried it at the Portland beer fest -- but I really can't stomach it. I still like the name, though.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Awww... i resized a different logo for you, but it looks like I'm too late. Good job moose :) (Now you'll be one of our resident experts!)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
moose said:
Thanks Tranplanner, but I think I actually figured it out myself! Hurrah! I know it's a little too detailed for avatar use, but yes, the whole point is to read the label. I wanted to love this beer so much -- I tried it at the Portland beer fest -- but I really can't stomach it. I still like the name, though.

No! Say it ain't so! I love Moose Drool. It is one of the best brown ales out there. I still have one sixpack of bottles in my fridge from a trip to Montana at the end of August.

donk

Cyburbian
while Tranplanner did not like the cadian ale, the stout and blueberry ale from pumphouse on tap is good.

Last edited:

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
while Tranplanner did not like the cadian ale, the stout from pumphouse on tap is good.

Hey now - I didn't mind the Cadian myself, and the price was definitely right. I just said it got mixed reviews - my wife and brother were so-so on it. Guess the Garrison just spoiled me.

moose

nerudite said:
Awww... i resized a different logo for you, but it looks like I'm too late. Good job moose :) (Now you'll be one of our resident experts!)

Hey, you learn something everyday, right? Thanks, Tranplanner & nerudite.

Cardinal, you should be happy that I don't like the Drool! Means there's more out there for you! I guess I just don't handle the brown beers very well. Fortunately for me, here in Portland, we have many other beers to choose from! mmmm...Bridgeport Pintail...... good thing Friday is a short day for me!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Here's mine...a can of good 'ol Olde Frothingshloss. Too bad you can't make out the babe printed on the can.

I've got several of those cans in my collection. Babe is a far cry. Unless the 300 lbs. has been replaced by a good looking woman.:)

BEERCANFROTHINGSLOSHPURPLE.JPG

donk

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Hey now - I didn't mind the Cadian myself, and the price was definitely right. I just said it got mixed reviews - my wife and brother were so-so on it. Guess the Garrison just spoiled me.

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I put it at the swilling end of the scale of beers. it also may have gotten warm and turned. Next time I'm up I'll make sure it stays cold and bring some garrison for good measure.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I put it at the swilling end of the scale of beers. it also may have gotten warm and turned. Next time I'm up I'll make sure it stays cold and bring some garrison for good measure.

Damn straight.

el Guapo

Capitalist
giff57 said:
Looks like hops

We have a winner!

Here is your internet logo prize:

ibu_yellow.gif

Only the pure of heart will understand the significance of an IBU.

Rem

Cyburbian
Dan said:
The Chosen Beer. L'Chaim!
I note from the image that it now comes in six packs. This however does not answer the question "what do you do with the other five?"

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
ta da! Beer it is! I would have wanted a better avatar, but my cam ran out of batteries :(

Status
Not open for further replies.