• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Baby Downtown - When?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
When?

Here's one question we all knew would be coming. Get your guess in early...

When will Downtown have her baby?

I am going to go first and say Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) at 6:12 PM.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Thanksgiving dinner at 6:00 pm will bring the onset of labor at around 9:00 pm, the baby will be born 4:00 AM on Friday, November 28th.

I think that the winner of this pool gets the baby named after their screen name. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
28 November, 5:26 a.m., 6#11oz., 19"
ten little fingers and ten little toes :-D

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
29 November around 8:50 in the evening.

Good luck Downtown and don't forget your epidural!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
I think that the winner of this pool gets the baby named after their screen name. :)
Prepare to meet Baby Biscuit.

Saturday, 29 November at 6:30 am EST.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Li'l Downtown will share his b-day w/ NHPlanner:

Dec 3 @5:58 AM

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I still say the little bugger is going to come early - November 27, 10:00a.m. Sorry to ruin your Thanksgiving DT - maybe they can bring you some pie in the hospital!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'll guess December 1 at 6:00 a.m. Although, I hope for Downtown's sake it isn't until later so she can get her house windows replaced. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I am partial to her brother's guess --> Christmas Day. :)

You guys are too much. To help in your endeavor, here's the progress update:

Actual Due Date - 11/29, but most first time moms go an extra week.

Weight at 34 wk ultrasound: 5 3/4 lbs (and they gain about 1/2 lbs every week after).

We're having ALL of our windows replaced next week (don't even get me started on that ridiculous timing, especially after waking up to 1/2 of snow this morning), so to avoid bringing a new born home to a house full of holes in the wall, burly men and sawdust, sheer force of will should keep this baby in my uterus until at least Dec 3, so they won't be releasing me from the hospital until the contractors are done. :)

So everyone have a great thanksgiving and hopefully I'll be posting next monday morning from work. :)

NHPlanner

Staff member
Downtown said:
sheer force of will should keep this baby in my uterus until at least Dec 3, so they won't be releasing me from the hospital until the contractors are done. :)

So everyone have a great thanksgiving and hopefully I'll be posting next monday morning from work. :)
Told you....he's gonna share my b-day... :D

Floridays

Cyburbian
My nephew/Godson will turn 2 years old on the 29th. So gotta go for it. How about....11/29 at 3:30 p.m. There's my guess.

martini

Cyburbian
I'll go with Dec 5 at ohh, 6 am.

Good luck on the birth Downtown. My wife is aDoula, so I get to hear about every one she goes to. Savor it, if you can. Or even if you want to!

Jeff

Cyburbian
This Saturday... 11/29

Water breaks 10 am ... baby here 6:15 pm

Jen

Cyburbian
steveanne said:
So when Downtown has a baby, does that make he/she a suburb?
**snerk**

My prediction of 11/23 {Mom's b'day} is toast. I think DT is gonna hang onto that clunker in her belly until 12/5, my sisters birthday, say, in the morning after the Dr. Phil Show.:)

I have this strong feeling he's gonna be a 8 or 9 lb'er so..

Just remember it is OK to grunt if it feels good! I sounded very much like Boudica the warrior queen in the delivery room. :eek:|

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
My guess:
Monday, Dec. 1st, 4:00 pm
9 lbs. at least

Maybe she'll post Monday morning from work, but her water will break shortly thereafter...

Rem

Cyburbian
December 2nd (my mum's birthday) at 3.42 pm. Labour to start at sunrise, say 6.00 am for you guys at present? Oh, and I think it will be a boy.

Pass the cigars.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I think she'll go into labor around 6-sh in the evening on December 6th, have a great labor and have her son's beautiful face greet her and her husband right after midnight on the 7th.

Rem

Cyburbian
Downtown Beaten to the Labour Ward

Sorry to muscle in on Downtown's thread but there has been an exciting addition to the Rem household over the weekend. It's a boy weighing 6 kilos and his name is Reuben.

See photo below:

1524Pup1_291103-med.jpg
He is 8 weeks old, a pure bred Labrador and as he is all black, we have named him after the incumbent captain of the All Blacks (Reuben Thorne).

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
OOOH he is too cute :)

As for DT - I have no guess - I am horrible at guessing baby stuff. Just make sure you keep us posted!

Queen B

Cyburbian
So I am just realizing that she missed the delivery at 4:44AM that I had predicted. Anybody hear how she is doing and are the windows installed yet???

Sorry kids - still prego this morning, with no end in site. This afternoon, at the OB they'll be doing an ultrasound and checking to see if i'm having contractions (which i don't think i am), so maybe we'll have a better idea. but i think jen's going to be right - this one is going to be a chunker. sigh. lets just hope for a little tiny pinhead. :)

and as for the windows, the %&$*#$%!!! contractors are running yet FURTHER behind and aren't starting until tomorrow or Thursday. sigh.

And Rem - your puppy is absolutely adorable.

Habanero

Cyburbian
You know, you could go into your doctor complaining of trouble sleeping and headaches and they can induce you... My pal did it, she wanted that baby out so badly! :) As soon as she said those two magic words they got her an appointment to have the baby.

I hope your windows come soon!

NHPlanner

Staff member
Habanero said:
You know, you could go into your doctor complaining of trouble sleeping and headaches and they can induce you... My pal did it, she wanted that baby out so badly! :) As soon as she said those two magic words they got her an appointment to have the baby.

I hope your windows come soon!
Which would make me a winner in the baby pool. ;) Go for it Downtown! :D

Jeff

Cyburbian
You could .... you know.... like do it. That works sometimes.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
My sister-in-law had shrimp and a whiskey sour (yes, I know!) on March 15 one year (at my brother's birthday dinner) and went into labor that night with baby #1. Three years later, brother's birthday dinner, she jokingly ordered the same, went into labor that night with baby #2. Baby #3 (July baby) came so fast, she didn't have time to get to a restaurant first.

Good luck, Downtown, we're all rootin' for you!

Rem

Cyburbian
I've heard that going for a drive on a bumpy road can induce labour - probably the same principle as Jeff's suggestion.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Rem said:
I've heard that going for a drive on a bumpy road can induce labour - probably the same principle as Jeff's suggestion.
Not as fun as Jeff's suggestion, but more practical since you would already be in the car. I suppose you might combine the two.

Rem - that is an incredibly adorable dog.

Jeff said:
You could .... you know.... like do it. That works sometimes.
Oh god. I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable than, um, doing it, when you're 10 months pregnant. well, actually having the baby, i guess. unfortunately, this is the only method our doctor actually recommends to get things moving, and when she told us that, i turned right away to Rob and said "Sorry honey - no chance." :)

And I don't think baby downtown will be sharing a birthday with NHPLanner. The midwife told me yesterday I "look good - too good" to have this baby any time soon. I guess I have to ugly up a bit before he's ready to come out.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Downtown said:
And I don't think baby downtown will be sharing a birthday with NHPLanner. The midwife told me yesterday I "look good - too good" to have this baby any time soon. I guess I have to ugly up a bit before he's ready to come out.
Day's not over yet....though my time prediction will be off. :)

NHPlanner

Staff member
The update from the happy father:

Hi, this is Downtown's husband. Downtown had our baby Sunday morning at 2:31 am. He was 8 lbs 2oz and 21 and a half inches long. Both he and mom are doing great. Downtown just wanted everyone to know