• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Baby Downtown - When?

martini

Cyburbian
Congrats to the new family! Wohoo! I'm curious to know which cyburbian he's named after?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Congratulations to all! You should know that you've had your last good night's sleep for a long time to come ;-)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Congratulations! I'm glad you're both doing well.

According to my research, the baby should be named "Habanero." :)

donk

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
The update from the happy father:
Hi, this is Downtown's husband. Downtown had our baby Sunday morning at 2:31 am. He was 8 lbs 2oz and 21 and a half inches long. Both he and mom are doing great. Downtown just wanted everyone to know

You know you have a serious addiction, when.......

But seriously congratulations.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
I think she'll go into labor around 6-sh in the evening on December 6th, have a great labor and have her son's beautiful face greet her and her husband right after midnight on the 7th.

Does this mean I win? I guessed the baby would be born after midnight on the 7th!!

Congrats Downtown and family! I hope your baby is every bit as wonderful as you!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Congratulations!!! How wonderful!! Hopefully, they did not have to fight the snow to get to the hospital. Congrats again! Can't wait to see the pictures.

SGB

Cyburbian
steveanne said:
So when Downtown has a baby, does that make he/she a suburb?

Congratulations, Downtown & Mr. Downtown!

And welcome, Suburb! ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Congrats!
Glad Mom and son are doing well.
?Are you going to refer to him as Suburb when you post?

el Guapo

Capitalist
As Wanda Sikes says, "Yeah, kids are worth it." :)

Congrats. This is great. Now comes the cool part. You get to give another human being a name that will stick with them the rest of their life. Maybe you should consider something Spanish, no?

PS Start saving, because you now have to come up with the $500,000 it will take for a college degree at a midwestern state school in 2021.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hooray - finally and congratulations. Can't wait for the pictures.

My daughter's birthday is 7 December BTW.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I'm so happy....and I had to wait until today to find out. Lack of internet at work sucks.

Belle

Cyburbian
Congratulations! (belatedly)

Another Tiger is born!

Best wishes for a happy homecoming.