• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Back in the fold

Lowland

Cyburbian
Hello everyone. After lurking for a bit after an absence, I figured I should make a returning post before starting to post elsewhere. I left public sector planning for awhile, but have recently been pulled in again and am getting my sea legs back. Excited to be in planning again, sometimes the time away proves where you should be and what you really enjoy doing!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Welcome back. You should post an after-action report.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Welcome back. So you would say the light side won? It's funny how that happens sometimes.

Lowland

Cyburbian
Thank you, everyone! Yes, I'd say the light side won on this one. I left the planning realm entirely and worked in two unrelated fields in the private sector. Both made me come to the conclusion I felt most fulfilled as a municipal staff planner. I will say I'm glad I had the experience I did out there, as other ancillary life events would not have happened if I hadn't switched jobs. But I'm very grateful an opportunity came back around at the right time.