• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Back in the market

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Well, I am unattached once more. This last girlfriend lasted a couple of months and I though for a while it might go somewhere, but we came to the point where the relationship either had to take a good step forward, or come to an end. We talked it over and neither of us saw much hope that it would go further, so... I'm looking for a date again. :-\

This seems to be a common theme among the men of Cyburbia lately.

Time to twist open a Moose Drool.

Um, I want to say "Bummer, dude" or something to that effect. I am tired and feeling like I left my "diplomatic tongue" in my other suit or something (boy, why do I feel like I am oh so Setting Myself Up 8-! ).

But, you know, I really have no idea what to say. I have been married so long that I can't imagine what you are feeling. I was kind of thinking about that earlier today -- I just cannot relate to the idea of pursuing a career and stuff and NOT having been married in my twenties. It makes my eyes cross when I try to figure out what that is "like". And that leaves me with many unanswered questions about MY "future" and what do I want after *I* am Back in the Market? I like being married, even though I don't want to remain in THIS marriage. Sigh. But I think saying more would probably be TMI.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Card - I'm now in the same boat. But I'm already planning to leave this area so I'm not doing any trolling here.

donk

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear your news, but it is better to cut things short than to string one another along. My good news is that where I am now there is lots of fish to troll for. I actually have multiple dates set up for the coming week.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Be Prepared For Fun: Dedicated Pre School Teacher Makes the Best Stir Fry!

Cardinal said:
Well, I am unattached once more.
Here's a sweetie for you:

I moved back to the area about two years ago after going to college in floop doop, and am looking to extend my group of friends or possibly more. I am a very dedicated preschool teacher and it seems that people have a tendancy to trust me more. Being a preschool teacher is a great conversation starter, I have hillarious stories about my work. I also love to play sports (volleyball and softball) and enjoy the outdoors. My friends say that I always give 100%, appreciate honesty, and make the best stir-fry around. Guys who respond should prepare themselves for fun! I'm looking for someone who is easy going and enjoy's spending the day outside throwing a ball around, bbq'ing, and throwing back a few beers. Of course you should also be able to hold up your end of the conversation.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear the bad news. But look on the brightside, you had the talk and you didn't waste any more time in a relationship that ultimately will go nowhere. That is the mistake I made. Next thing I know I was 7+ years down a road to nowhere.

- BTW -

DAN, Maybe you should start collecting $19.95 for Cyburbia Dating Services.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
donk said:
My good news is that where I am now there is lots of fish to troll for. I actually have multiple dates set up for the coming week.
What, are you running a charter ship;) You go Donk!

Better to cut your losses know, I spent (actually wasted) 6 years on something that was going nowhere.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Wanigans? - What's wrong with her neck?
Donk - Pump those CrAzY LeGs! Stay away from the "bent" girls - they are just tooo strange. ;)

Queen B

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Card - I'm now in the same boat. But I'm already planning to leave this area so I'm not doing any trolling here.
RichmondJake, where are you going?

Hang in there Cardinal and all you single folks out there, the right one might be just around the corner.
Keep your chins up!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Time to twist open a Moose Drool.
Good luck in your future endeavors, Cardinal.

My big question is where you got Moose Drool in Wisconsin? Or did you bring it back from a trip?

Richmond Jake

Queen B said:
RichmondJake, where are you going?
As far from the ex as I can get. Back to California? Florida? Arizona? I'm looking for work elsewhere...almost anywhere but Idaho.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
RichmondJake said:
As far from the ex as I can get. Back to California? Florida? Arizona? I'm looking for work elsewhere...almost anywhere but Idaho.
Are the kids going with you?

Sorry to pry.

Queen B

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Hey you can come to Kansas and be my boss! They haven't decided about the opening here yet.
To bad about Idaho, I have other friends out there and was thinking about a trip but just wouldn't be worth it if I didn't get to meet you!

Richmond Jake

mendelman said:
Are the kids going with you?

Sorry to pry.
It's up to them. Eldest is a senior in high school youngest in a freshman...youngest would likely go with me. They're pretty pissed at their mom at this moment (both calling her behavior "Weird").

el Guapo

Capitalist
Queen B said:
Hey you can come to Kansas and be my boss! They haven't decided about the opening here yet....
Ummm....I've seen you tippsy on wine once a long time ago...can I be your new boss? ;)
Wait, DAMN! we are both married...nevermind.

Richmond Jake

el Guapo said:
I've seen you tippsy on wine once a long time ago.
Queen B is a wine drinker? Hey, we've got something in common. :-}

Queen B

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Ummm....I've seen you tippsy on wine once a long time ago...can I be your new boss? ;)
Wait, DAMN! we are both married...nevermind.
Yeah, you could try and boss me, where ever you think that might get you!!!!

Actually I have been holding down the fort here long enough I just really want a partner in crime....

I once hear it said that trying to be my boss was like trying to herd cats.....

Any idea what that might mean???

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well Card, look at it this way, at least you were both thinking along the same lines, and made a thoughtful decision before someone had false expectations and got really hurt.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
RJ, have you ever been to Coeur d'Alene? Heaven on earth.

Richmond Jake

SlaveToTheGrind said:
RJ, have you ever been to Coeur d'Alene? Heaven on earth.
Just down the road a piece from me....but I would hesitate to call it heaven on earth.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
welcome to the party!!!

Enjoy life for all that it is worth. Went out on a date last night with a girl that I knew from HS... I don't think that anything will come of it. But we went to a great piano bar for 2 dollar dinks. LIFE IS GOOD.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Thanks everyone! I was not really bummed about splitting up with her, just about a three-year track record of short-term relationships and meaningless sex. ;-)

Repo - I now have three Moose Drools left over from my last trip west. I'm thinking of going to Santa Fe in April, but I doubt they have it there. Any good beer recommendations for that part of the country?

Queen B

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Thanks everyone! I was not really bummed about splitting up with her, just about a three-year track record of short-term relationships and meaningless sex. ;-) QUOTE]

What do you meaningless sex....????

Sex always has a meaning! If nothing more than just comfort.