• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Site design Backwards buildings

Planit

Cyburbian
I saw this on another post & immediately thought how could this happen? The contractor, inspectors, survey crew all this was good until the walls went all the way up. I'm sure there'll be a lawsuit filled somewhere, sometime...

1598019406494.png

...& no this is not in my hometown or town.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I saw this on another post & immediately thought how could this happen?

Backwards buildings are common in places where the powers that be don’t care about the public realm. Pad sites where the front of a building faces inward towards a larger parking lot, rather than the street, aren’t that uncommon. Formula architecture buildings that are sideways are more common.

Las Crices, New Mexico has a Walmart where the loading docks and service areas face the street, and the entrance and facade face the rear.

A2424196-7260-4214-B57E-4217DC78A2EF.jpeg