• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

BAD government web sites

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member

BKM

Cyburbian
I don't know. The very first one was pretty bad, but many of these just look "typical" to me. Not good, mind you, just "ordinary." Does Epping, for example, need a whiz-bang site, as long as it has the basics?

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, the flashing brown-and-orange-ovals thingie IS pretty bad, bturk.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I have to agree that none of them are all that awful. We had another thread like this some time back, and found ones that would make you cry out in pain. And bturk, how can you count Wayne? Is a town a real form of government or aren't they just pretending?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
As if their commercial areas weren't ugly enough, there's also the Web site of the former Town Next Door (tm).

nerudite

Cyburbian
One of my ex-employers has a one page website (and some cheesy fadein thing)... all in all, you could find better information on this City in the phonebook.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Ours isn't doing so hot right now....

www.coldwater.org

We initially paid big bucks to have it done, then our GIS person decided to take over. He started to make changes, but never quite finish it. So, the home page has out new city hall and new logo and stuff. But, if you click on say, planning and zoning, you get the old webpage formatting with the pic of the old city hall.

Completely not updated. Old pic of me and of hubby too (fire dept).

Re: Ours isn't doing so hot right now....

SW MI Planner said:
www.coldwater.org

We initially paid big bucks to have it done, then our GIS person decided to take over. He started to make changes, but never quite finish it. So, the home page has out new city hall and new logo and stuff. But, if you click on say, planning and zoning, you get the old webpage formatting with the pic of the old city hall.

Completely not updated. Old pic of me and of hubby too (fire dept).
Christine - FYI - you just fed the photoshoppers!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Ours isn't doing so hot right now....

KMateja said:

At least you're learning....albeit slowly.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: Ours isn't doing so hot right now....

KMateja said:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
SW MI Planner said:

oopsy poopsy...didn't even think about that

I'll make sure to not post the wedding and honeymoon pictures then ;)
Oh, don't worry... WE'LL post them now!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Dan - your just picking on me because I'm in the Great Lake State. You must *still* have that thing against Michigan women huh? Chew you up and spit you out did they?? Women can be so brutal...:(

I've been MIA - you in Kansas yet?